Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Low AHI but I often wake up not wearing mask
Low AHI but I often wake up not wearing mask
[attachment=69187]for the past 5 years or so Ive been using APAP with some periods of time when i gave it up because i felt like i could not tolerate it.  i had another sleep study about a year ago and was diagnosed with moderate OSA27.5 AHI (but i had a very bad night on the home sleep study).  Anyway I really struggle with the machine.  Im on a P30i nasal mask which i feel is a great upgrade from the nasal pillows i used to use.  I also upgraded to an Airsense 11 in hopes of better sleep.  Im often tired when i wake up and tired during the day as well as moody and hungry for carbs.  My prescribing nurse practiioner was helpful in giving me my new prescription, but she does not seem to have much help in how to get better sleep and its a pain in the but to get an appointment and take off work and then be disappointed with no helpful recommendations from her.  Please let me know what you think of of my data and if any other data fields or info would be helpful.
[attachment=69187][attachment=69187]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Low AHI but I often wake up not wearing mask
I would move the min up 1 more and the EPR up to 3 and see if that helps.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Low AHI but I often wake up not wearing mask
I had a similar problem and was developing intolerance to the autoCPAP. Recently I switched to mode CPAP, pressure 7, ERP2 and so far it is better. I think it is an auto-algorithm problem.
Could you provide an expanded picture of the pressure region between 23:30 and 23:55.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I think my mask is causing eye bags when I wake up cpap4uars 15 11,148 09-12-2024, 12:14 PM
Last Post: Jstalez
  Difference between nasal mask, and full face mask setting Ynot 6 419 09-04-2024, 05:38 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  [Equipment] I Always Wake Up Feeling Like A Blowfish Kamryn 1 152 08-29-2024, 07:53 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [CPAP] Wake up every half hour skoggy 8 564 08-23-2024, 05:03 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  [Treatment] New user struggling to wake up refreshed THEVGE 9 987 08-18-2024, 09:56 AM
Last Post: nh00
  Still wake up using CPAP urachan 9 792 08-15-2024, 11:34 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Apnea while on stomach? What causing wake up RainyDog 3 273 07-03-2024, 09:07 PM
Last Post: RainyDog

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.