Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

BIPAP TECSA - How to proceed
BIPAP TECSA - How to proceed
I recently switched from Autoset to Aircurve to reduce residual flow limitations (UARS).

My original CPAP settings were 10.6 with an EPR of 3.0. This did not resolve flow limitations but helped a good amount overall with apnea events.

I started BIPAP last night with the following settings: IPAP:12.0, EPAP:8.0, PS=4. It crushed my obstructive apneas to levels I havent seen before and my flow rate graphs look much better and more rounded. Exactly what I was wanting.

But my central apneas went up to 4 per hour. I want to reduce this as typically with my CPAP it was only about 1.

My question is how to go about this without forfeiting the benefits of resolving flow limitations/apneas but also reducing CA events. Not sure how to adjust IPAP/EPAP/PS to do so.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: BIPAP TECSA - How to proceed
I would try no Ramp and maybe reducing PS to 3. Also worth considering is an increase in Max IPAP from 12 to 14.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Try changing your "Trigger" setting to High.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
Project Manager for OSCAR - Open Source CPAP Analysis Reporter
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Typically wouldnt increasing IPAP cause more CA? When I was titrating my CPAP I only ran into issues with CA when I went above around 10 cm h20
Post Reply Post Reply
As Red said the trigger setting will help with CA. You can try high and very high to see which works best.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
@litodorito…Would you mind filling out all the info on your avatar, so it’s easy to see at a glance what you’re using? Thx.

XPAP units seemed to be named without any smidge of imagination, so they all sound the same. May as well be cars. It’s helpful to get the exact name off the unit for your avatar.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mild sleep apnea, doctor recommended a dental appliance but not sure how to proceed. MysticEcho 5 348 09-20-2024, 08:04 AM
Last Post: nightgagger
  Do I need a BiPAP? phoen1kx 2 379 07-30-2024, 04:47 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Diagnosis] Mild OSA diganosis (low AHI, higher RDI) -- Worried and unsure how to proceed Quibly35 1 206 07-25-2024, 11:28 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  TECSA and ASV - Feel terrible even with 0 AHI jordache16 5 365 07-11-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: jordache16
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 844 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  bipap Innisfree 2 687 12-12-2023, 07:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Help with new bilevel titration and TECSA ATeam91 3 844 11-26-2023, 11:47 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.