Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Bad at Breathing
RE: Bad at Breathing
As you have observed, in Autoset mode, your pressure will rise to the highest pressure your settings allow. This is in response to the flow limitations. Higher pressure will not generally resolve the flow limits, but pressure support will. It may be useful to look at a zoomed image of your flow rate. Try zooming in on the chart to where you can clearly see the wave-form for your respiration. This will generally be a 2-3 minute period of time in the zoom. What I'd like to do is to give you a more graphic idea of how flow limitation is interrupting your sleep. Ideally the zoom will include both flow rate and mask pressure graphs.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've attached last night's data and a zoomed in one.  I can definitely see the flat or double peaked flow rates on the inhale.  I also notice that it seems like the EPR isn't quite in time with my breathing?  Like maybe the pressure needs to come up quicker?  Maybe that's how it's supposed to look?  Dont-know

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Nicely done with the graph. As you can see you have flattned peaks with a jagged top with 2-3 peaks. This shows that during peak flow, your airway obstructs and vibrates, most likely with a snore. The ragged peaks suggest a vibration of upper respiratory tissue that alternately opens and closes. While higher pressure may help this, more pressure support (difference between IPAP and EPAP) will support a normal breath and prevent the peak flow obstruction, without necessarily requiring higher peak pressure. Clearly, this peak flow obstruction or flow limit is very disruptive to your sleep, and we see an arousal after the really nasty FL at 03:14:10. I will stay with my recommendation for bilevel, that will increase pressure support from 3-cm to a level that will mitigate the peak flow limit. It's a really common problem, and Deborah who has active in this thread can offer good personal experience of how bilevel helps, and how to get a bilevel.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Diagnosis] Very high amounts of periodic breathing / CSR ? gregbe2000 11 221 Yesterday, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  [Health] Breathing Exercises Better Sleep or not? seepapnyc 0 114 09-11-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: seepapnyc
  Periodic Breathing Strategies? mark.apnea 2 203 09-11-2024, 07:44 AM
Last Post: mark.apnea
  Odd breathing patterns katbrat 9 283 09-07-2024, 09:06 PM
Last Post: katbrat
  Resmed 10 vauto can hear breathing Officialdee 6 210 09-07-2024, 06:14 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Alternative Therapy to CPAP (Nasal Breathing) Wcwilson 12 1,039 08-28-2024, 07:49 AM
Last Post: SeePak
Question Under 1 AHI (great!) but what’s with the constant spikes on my breathing chart graph? JustG 5 284 08-25-2024, 02:47 PM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.