Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Breathing issues
Breathing issues
Hi 
I am having breathless issues outside of my Cpap therapy, my AHI is averaging 0.6 so that's going fine, but throughout the day i feel breathless,
has anyone else experienced this? I am using epr 3 on full time?

It could be my health Anxiety as this feeling of breathlessness  came on 4months after i started cpap and it might have nothing to do with cpap.
its strange as i get no worse when i do cardio (running). might just be in my head and related to anxiety.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Breathing issues
you should see a pulmonologist as quick as possible, by the time being try some lung exercise with a spirometer
Post Reply Post Reply
hi 
tried a spirometer it was normal said i was better than average, doctor thought it could be anxiety, as exercise doesn't make it worse, just ran 5 mile earlier and was no worse,
just was wondering if anyone had experienced similar when using cpap?
thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
using cpap for long time dose weaken intake muscle of the lungs that's why doctor recommends lung exercise
Post Reply Post Reply
john1977,
Always post an updated screenshot even if you believe your issue is not Cpap related.
We look beyond just a low AHI number.

Breathlessness during the day should be checked out. It doesn't sound Cpap related.

You've stated you have already seen a Pulmonologist. What tests did he run? Are you on supplemental oxygen? What about a Cardiologist?

Your GP can coordinate these appointments and get to the bottom of your problem.
Have you had complete blood work done?

How is your weight? Being overweight in itself can limit your daily activities and cause breathlessness.

If it is anxiety, talk to your GP. He/she should be able to help.

We are not doctors here, so this is this general common sense advice. We can help with Cpap issues, but you will have to take charge and be assertive with your doctors to find out why you are experiencing the breathlessness during the day.

Again, post a couple OSCAR charts. At least we can see if all looks good there.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-07-2023, 07:33 AM)Psychotech Wrote: using cpap for long time dose weaken intake muscle of the lungs that's why doctor recommends lung exercise

I've never seen any information suggesting this. Perhaps when using a ventilator there might be some weakening of the diaphragm.

If you have some data on this, please cite it here. 
Thanks.
My get-up-and-go musta got up and went.  Cool

Download OSCAR for your sleep data.  
https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR

Post Reply Post Reply
Breathlessness can be a symptom of acute anxiety, and anxiety can increase the focus on the sensation, which is a vicious cycle.

Talk to your GP.

In the meantime, do some mindfulness meditation. You can find many links on YouTube. See if that reduces the sensations you're describing. If it does, then it may very well indicate anxiety is contributing to your discomfort.

However, reiterating again, talk to you GP about all of this.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Odd breathing patterns katbrat 8 95 14 minutes ago
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Resmed 10 vauto can hear breathing Officialdee 6 86 2 hours ago
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Assistance with wife's CPAP issues Hammer641 6 176 09-01-2024, 06:45 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  AitFit F20 With Dreamstation - AAV Issues kymmitsu 9 3,263 08-28-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: Big Guy
  Alternative Therapy to CPAP (Nasal Breathing) Wcwilson 12 960 08-28-2024, 07:49 AM
Last Post: SeePak
Question Under 1 AHI (great!) but what’s with the constant spikes on my breathing chart graph? JustG 5 229 08-25-2024, 02:47 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Considering full face mask until I can fix my nasal breathing Ptee8899 11 564 08-25-2024, 08:13 AM
Last Post: SeePak

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.