Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Cheyne Stokes Respiration
RE: Cheyne Stokes Respiration
I've had 4 nights of treatment with the Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV with the AHI being from 0 to 2 each night. I'm still waking up in the morning feeling like I didn't get rested. Can you take a look at last night's screen and see if there is anything else that may need adjusting?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Recommend you turn off ramp to avoid those hypopnea at the ramp/therapy transition. Let's reduce maximum PS from 15 to 12.0 and see if that is more comfortable.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider, Those changes worked perfectly. Thank you. How long does it normally take to start feeling a difference in the daily fatigue?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Well, that's the million dollar question isn't it? Of course I can't predict that as everyone seems to have an individual response to the therapy, and this is mostly a qualitative judgement. Our objective is to make therapy as effective and comfortable as possible, and hope that the benefits of good sleep and well-being follow. With lower pressure support working well with ASV, you can try lowering PS max further. I have commonly seen ASV work well with PS as low as 9.0, but changes are your best results may be somewhere in-between 9 and 12. It's trial and error, so feel free to give some lower pressures a try and judge for yourself what works best and offers the best sleep quality. I can only guide you to these solutions, but in the end you must choose what works best.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
First thing to feeling better seems to be getting consistent good therapy results. It doesn't require it be good daily but mostly. From that point, how long it takes you to feel better depends on how fast your body recovers from the Apnea and sleep deprived damage, and for how long you suffered from Apnea untreated.

Unfortunately, there isn't a fixed medical formula that tells us it'll take 2 days or 4 weeks or 6 months or whatever. It's all on a per individual based recovery time.

Edit, myself as an example, I had suffered from complex Apnea for 10 plus years. Upon getting good therapy on the ASV, it then took almost a month to feel positive effects. That doesn't take into account other health issues.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP - have 3 instances of Cheyne-Stokes aussienana 12 303 07-07-2024, 06:12 PM
Last Post: aussienana
  Cheynes Stokes - is that what this screen shot shows? liz0859 12 342 06-22-2024, 10:21 AM
Last Post: liz0859
  Cheyne Stokes Rspiration (CSR) dharris01 2 214 06-01-2024, 05:12 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  One Night of Cheyne Stokes Respiration? mcman56 3 214 06-01-2024, 11:49 AM
Last Post: mcman56
  Clear Airways - Chyene-Stokes and sO2 level HenryECole81 2 289 05-29-2024, 08:01 AM
Last Post: HenryECole81
  Just had a sleep study - Central Sleep Apnea with Cheyne Stokes srpmccarthy 8 775 05-21-2024, 03:06 PM
Last Post: HenryECole81
  CPAP not helping with sleep. Cheyne-Stokes or PB? BigBobulous 4 476 04-11-2024, 11:20 PM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.