Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Dreamweaver Pillows and rebreathing
Dreamweaver Pillows and rebreathing
I am a new owner of my CPAP. I have a Resmed Airsense 11 and aam using Dreamweaver Nasal Pillows. My fitbit is recording a higher heart rate and lower O2 since I have started using it. My Auto pressure is running at a 4.0. I feel like I am rebreathing my air. the tiny hole in the front barely lets any air out. When I exhale the air has to be going back down the tube as it's almost undetectable coming out the weep hole. Does anyone have any advice?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreamweaver Pillows and rebreathing
Put your pressure at 7 and EPR 2 , ramp off, download Oscar and read how to post a correct chart.
Once you start posting a correct formatted chart , the helpful folks here will dial you in with data instead of guessing. The above numbers should help you breathe better. Using 4.0 is making you air starved. That is way too low for adults.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. I'll give that a try.
Post Reply Post Reply
(9 hours ago)Nightynite Wrote: Put your pressure at 7 and EPR 2 , ramp off, download Oscar and read how to post a correct chart.
Once you start posting a correct formatted chart , the helpful folks here will dial you in with data instead of guessing. The above numbers should help you breathe better.  Using 4.0 is making you air starved. That is way too low for adults.

So you are aware I have the resmed Airsense 11 autoset. It is supposed to set itself to the optimal pressure. I cannot set the pressure and have no options to do so.
Post Reply Post Reply
(6 hours ago)SloppySteve Wrote: So you are aware I have the resmed Airsense 11 autoset. It is supposed to set itself to the optimal pressure. I cannot set the pressure and have no options to do so.

YouTube will show you how. Copy And paste below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xi1Lx-TOHjw
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is the Oscar screenshot.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Seeing how it was starting at 4 I only went up to 6 for a minimum. Will see what my heart rate does tonight.
Post Reply Post Reply
That’s fine , even though your chart looks pretty good , I think you need more pressure. So try 6.
Your goal is to feel comfortable at this point. Your events are insignificant. Good job on the chart format.
Post Reply Post Reply
(4 hours ago)Nightynite Wrote: That’s fine , even though your chart looks pretty good , I think you need more pressure. So try 6.
Your goal is to feel comfortable at this point. Your events are insignificant. Good job on the chart format.

I agree that the pressure must be low. There is not enough to get good flow out the vent hole so I'm getting less O2. It's the only thing I use my fitbit for.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nasal Pillows - Momentary Mouth Leakage Strategies? mark.apnea 2 259 10-11-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Pillows mask, drooling tostaky 9 425 09-26-2024, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Dreamwear nasal pillows vs. full face mask arnoblalam 1 235 09-22-2024, 10:06 AM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Full Face Mask Issues vs Nasal Pillows Issues FozzyDaBear 8 472 09-17-2024, 03:58 PM
Last Post: FozzyDaBear
  [Equipment] F&P Nova Micro nasal pillows mask carnuntum 2 484 08-26-2024, 02:25 AM
Last Post: carnuntum
  P10 Nasal Pillows to F40 Airfit Full Face Mask Settings? stevesleep 3 394 08-23-2024, 12:53 PM
  Slight Mouth Leaks With Nasal Pillows Airfit P10 - Change Mask? stevesleep 6 497 08-08-2024, 12:59 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.