Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Strange Diagnosis and shady process?
RE: Strange Diagnosis and shady process?
"I was on my back the whole night with it, which made me wonder if the experiment was flawed".

This exactly what I felt, in fact in the formal complaint I have raised with the hospital, along with various other issues, I said, "Using equipment which would be hardly likely to enable the user to get a representative nights sleep, with or without Sleep Apnoea".

And this! we believe our doctor/medic relationship has broken down.Dielaughing

3/ Series of consultations with a member of the department. Equipment was provided in a manner which can best be described as grudging, first appointment the CPAP machine, next appointment, after complaining of dry mouth I was provided with a humidifier, next appointment I pointed out that if I raised the humidity to a comfortable level as far as dry mouth was concerned I ended up with a face wash, the answer to this was to give me an insulated sleeve for the airline, this failed to solve the problem, and no further assistance was offered.
I forcefully pointed out that something was wrong as I was waking most mornings in the early hours, this was ignored and I was offered another appointment in 6 weeks or 12 months, the impression both my wife and I got from this was “live with it”.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't think I should even need a 'prescription' to have one of these things. But I'm not fan of government over regulation so..

I did an at home test for two nights. My AHI was 3.8. Still got my 'note'. My AHI is about the same with the CPAP. I didn't think I had sleep apnea anyway so that is not my concern. I'm using it because I snore really loud and all night and that can't be good for me and I know it is not good for my wife who has to be a 'pillow head'.

I don't snore when using it so my wife is happy. I feel like I'm sleeping better and that I'm more rested. I've only had it for about a week and a half but I got used to the gear after a couple days.

So I believe a CPAP isn't just for someone with high AHI.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yikes. I feel like I'm already caught in some sort of Terry Gilliam movie with all this stuff. I Hope that you get someone who actually pays attention to you! Thanks for the info!
Post Reply Post Reply
Good news! My Awesome GP is on this and thinks this is all crazy. He got me an appointment with a good sleep doctor and hopefully I'll get some better information there. Many thanks for your responses!

CC
Post Reply Post Reply
Glad to here that your GP is helping. Smile and be as nice as you can. As the saying goes " you catch more flys with honey than with salt ".
Okay

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation Resmed's RMA Process: A Cautionary Tale Hmm888 2 235 10-12-2024, 05:16 AM
Last Post: Hmm888
  Diagnosis Psychology - Following State Dodies 2 209 09-20-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Doubts about my diagnosis? (Test results + First night with CPAP) IAXEM 15 1,548 09-03-2024, 08:32 PM
Last Post: IAXEM
Sad HELP - Strange Breathing Patterns Throughout Night bjbeck04 4 277 07-28-2024, 12:13 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Ohmy [Diagnosis] Concurrent Conditions and Diagnosis Doubt (Mild OSA) slortien 18 653 07-01-2024, 01:52 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New diagnosis and new to CPAP obstructiveindividual 38 2,232 06-18-2024, 12:18 PM
Last Post: obstructiveindividual
  States that require reporting OSA diagnosis to DMV! ConnCarl 10 1,808 06-15-2024, 07:29 PM
Last Post: cexer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.