Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Going back to sleep with resmed 10 autoset
Going back to sleep with resmed 10 autoset
My boyfriend has been using his resmed 10 with excellent compliance for a few years now, but he occasionally wakes up early in the morning, then falls back asleep without the mask and doesn't sleep well.
I asked why he takes the mask off, and he said it's because it keeps blowing much too hard. From a quick reading here, that seems to be expected with the resmed.
If he left the mask on but hit the button, would it stop? Is there anything he can do to reduce the pressure so he can go back to sleep, WITHOUT taking the mask off? Or any other suggestions?
Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Going back to sleep with resmed 10 autoset
I’m sure we could look at the pressures and help but we need OSCAR data.  OS AR is completely free downloo o ad from the top of the sit. He will need a SD card in it 32 go or less. You can get one if your Cpap doesn’t have one at Walmart or target and amazon
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Get the night recorded on an SD card, import to Oscar, and post here. It’s easy to change settings, but you’ll need guidance on the appropriate ons for the person.

Changing pressure settings in the middle of the night is completely unnecessary if they’re correct in the first place.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's going to be hard to offer your boyfriend advice without seeing his data.  His profile shows a pressure of 4 which is the lowest pressure you can use.  I suspect he's using a wide open range of 4 min and 20 max, so it's hard to know what the pressing is rising to.

As others have already stated, download OSCAR and upload a screenshot of the daily page and we can better advise.

Follow the links in my signature for guidance.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll talk to him about it but I think he's going to be reluctant to modify the settings without 'trained supervision' (believe me, I already know what the trained sales people know and don't know..)
I guess he could cut the power and turn it back on, that would reset it? Might be overkill though..
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset - Failure Mode? mcman56 2 54 8 minutes ago
Last Post: Old Steve
Question Back up battery/generator for BiPap Aggie 18 609 06-30-2024, 05:46 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Sleep position affecting sleep test AHI/OSA classification Fox66 7 216 06-21-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: Fox66
  [CPAP] Autoset doesn't do much for me -- with one exception rrstv 3 186 06-17-2024, 09:20 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Autoset Standard or Soft for FLs? DavidAM 2 209 06-15-2024, 06:02 AM
Last Post: DavidAM
  Any tips for overnight bathroom trip? Mask back on? AJBU 3 232 06-08-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Resmed AirSense 10 AutoSet question. Big Guy 29 916 06-04-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: fixed it

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.