Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New user, do I need to make changes? Can I?
New user, do I need to make changes? Can I?
I got my CPAP a week and a half ago so I'm a newbie. I have the Resmed Autoset 11 and just recently switched from an F&P Evora to a Resmed Airfit F30i. 

I'm not good at reading the Oscar data but I'm concerned about the snore it's recording. My pressure is set to 12 based on an in lab sleep study I did though someone on another forum suggested trying it at 13. I'm not sure if I should adjust pressure? Or even if I can; my insurance is requiring compliance for 10 months until I will "own" the machine so I'm not sure if it would affect compliance to change?

My events are down a lot which I appreciate, but that snore meter is bothering me. Any input from those better at this than I am would be much appreciated!

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New user, do I need to make changes? Can I?
There's a fixed post that explains how to format your OSCAR chart before you post it here, the changes really help people see the key data point and hence offer better advice.

https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...ganization
Post Reply Post Reply
krissykross,
I tend to agree with raising the pressure a bit.  If 13 seems to much for you, try 12.6cm.    

It would provably help clear up the snores, and the few Obstructives and Reras on your chart.  

You are already using EPR set at 3, so let's leave it there until we see the results of the pressure change.  I like to see one change at a time.

And yes, you can certainly change your settings if needed.  Insurance only cares that you're meeting compliance, not what your pressure is set at.  Your DME might have their feathers ruffled, but they will get over it.  

Order a Clinicians Manual for your machine HERE.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the link; I'm still learning. I think I followed it better if this helps at all.

Post Reply Post Reply
Your pressure setting is the same. OpalRose suggested 12.6 or 13.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
It was the different set up on Oscar, I updated my settings but it wont show up until tomorrow.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Unsure what changes to make based on OSCAR data weepingwillow 9 538 09-01-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: Old Steve
  Do these settings make sense on an ASV and is it even worth trying a BiPAP? erouting 6 223 08-28-2024, 08:46 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Relation Spo2, apneas, and Leaks don't make sense insomeapnea 6 272 08-26-2024, 09:28 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Does Covid Make Charts Look Different? Idub88 1 198 08-19-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: cdplatt
Question Does CPAP usage make you dependent on or addicted to the therapy? G. Szabo 11 925 07-06-2024, 04:50 AM
Last Post: Tampa Jim
  Mask on/off numbers make no sense bzmie3 9 4,067 06-22-2024, 07:34 AM
Last Post: hevy6
  New User Trying to make sense of this data gacman47 3 277 06-11-2024, 09:35 PM
Last Post: Melman

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.