Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Looking for Tips on Using Data to Optimize My Sleep Apnea Treatment
Looking for Tips on Using Data to Optimize My Sleep Apnea Treatment
Hello,

I have been on treatment with my bi-pap for about 7 months now, and I'm averaging about 2 events per hour each night.
I have been told that the average recovery time is up to a year, but so far I haven't felt any increase in energy, I'm still just as tired as always, the only thing I have noticed is that I take less naps and have less frequent migraines, but I still have just as extreme brain fog as I did without treatment.

I have heard that I can get some help here on how to properly read my data and fine tune my settings.
I have used OSCAR and imported my data, but I'm not sure what to be looking for and if everything is okay.

I just want this brain fog to go away  crygreen

Thanks for your time.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Looking for Tips on Using Data to Optimize My Sleep Apnea Treatment
Welcome

Please post screenshots of your daily oscar view if you want help. Please read the wiki about chart formatting so we can see all the right info.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's likely your settings are just not yet optimized. Please post some data for us to get a better understanding of what's going on.
Post Reply Post Reply
I hope this is the correct formatting

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
How did you end up with an Aircurve 10 ST machine? Problems with breathing like COPD or other issues? What is your backup rate?

How did you end up with those specific settings? Doctor prescribed or self-titrated?

Given that it is not capable of Vauto mode, the best we can do is manipulate the pressure differential. But until we know the answers to the questions above I do not want to offer any setting adjustments as it could go totally off the rails.
Post Reply Post Reply
As to Oscar, we need to see the following, and only the following, in the order listed, and make sure that we can see to the very bottom of Flow Limits:

Event Flags
Flow Rate
Pressure
Leak Rate
Flow Limits
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
I have tried to order everything correctly, but I am missing the flow limits chart. I can't find it anywhere.

At first I was using a Cpap, not sure which one, but it wasn't doing me any good so they had me switch over to a bipap. I'm not sure if I have COPD and I'm not sure what my backup rate is.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe flow limits don't show up on the ST machine.  I don't know.

Also, it looks to me like you need to raise your pressure settings.  14 is your high-pressure setting, and you are there all night.  I suggest that you raise your pressure range to 14-23, then you can learn what pressures you actually need.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
Sad 
Deb, the ST is a fixed pressure machine in S/ST/CPAP mode and no flow limitations in any S mode. It has no APAP or VPAPauto mode. As it appears there is no need for a backup rate, using ST mode is not recommended unless a doctor has done so.

if anything, I would suggest going in the other direction.

Mode S (not ST)
EPAP 8
IPAP 12
No ramp
Easy-Breathe on (if there is an option for this)

That should be more comfortable and we can use the information to fine-tune from there. When future charts are posted, please follow Deb’s recommendation for what graphs to include.

Note that before changing it in clinical mode make note of all the settings first. Always best to save what you used last for reference later.
Post Reply Post Reply
Will do, thanks for helping. I'll post my results tomorrow.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is high pressure better - help to optimize grzkar 0 20 1 hour ago
Last Post: grzkar
  [Treatment] Unflagged events, treatment ineffective slatejetpack 4 102 09-05-2024, 08:10 PM
Last Post: slatejetpack
  Auroraborealis Sleep Data thread - thoughts on hypoxemia Auroraborealis 8 126 09-05-2024, 12:32 PM
Last Post: Auroraborealis
  [CPAP] New Airsense 10 Autoset - Help Optimize Settings Led Head 2 76 09-05-2024, 11:08 AM
Last Post: Led Head
Question [CPAP] My Sleep Apnea is Worse than Yours... plz Help!! memoryNada786 7 455 09-05-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: memoryNada786
  Restarting CPAP treatment, looking for guidance croc 40 2,899 09-04-2024, 11:44 AM
Last Post: croc
  [CPAP] starting to use CPAP without sleep study/data help Fantasieimpromptu 2 127 09-03-2024, 06:18 AM
Last Post: Fantasieimpromptu

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.