Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] OSCAR Data help! Large number of CA
Question 
OSCAR Data help! Large number of CA
Good morning, I am a new user of CPAP I have 10 nights under my belt. I have noticed that my CA have been increasing since my first night and last night my AHI was quite high. If yall have any adivce it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR Data help! Large number of CA
The answer depends on what your sleep study showed.  Did you have centrals during the sleep study?  The number of centrals you had is not alarming but like any apnea we would like to minimize them.  The machine you are on does not control centrals but if there were a small number in your sleep study they are emergent centrals which means that they will go away on their own as your body gets use to therapy.  But while your body gets use to cpap therapy you can reduce them by not using EPR or using less EPR.

For tonight I would suggest you put EPR to 0 (it is 3 now) and see how you do.  That should lessen the centrals but as your body does get use to the cpap therapy you should slowly reintroduce EPR (1, 2 and finally 3)  Give it a try tonight and we will see how you do with no EPR.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Agreed, let's see your sleep study detailed report. We always have to start at the beginning to know how to work on the present.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay, I will change it. I beleve my sleep study detected around 1 CA or so. I am not too sure. However my AHI untreated was 14.6. Usually my ahi is around 1.7 on an average night. with 1.4 CA
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is the raw data from my sleep study. 1.3 CA

Post Reply Post Reply
OK, had to edit my post. pAHIc shows 11 CA, so you had some on the test. This seems to indicate you're susceptible to a moderate level of CA, but not enough that requires higher level, Central Apnea treatment machine.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I could not do epr off. It sent me into a panic attack as I was on the verge of falling asleep. I put my machine on epr 1 so I will need to slowly work to turn it off. I am still having CA's with Tuesday night being an AHI of 2.58 and Wednesday night being 3.93.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm thinking that you may be a decent candidate to argue with doctor, requesting ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto bilevel. It has timing controls to make it more comfortable, AND important to you, has a Trigger setting to help reduce CA.

If you're up to getting machines swapped, you'll probably need to complain about comfort lacking currently. Between you and the Board it's about better therapy. But with doc, they may listen to comfort complaints.
Post Reply Post Reply
do you think the CA could be treatment emergent? Tonight will be 2 weeks of use with the machine. I do feel like I wake up a-lot throughout the night, usually because of leaks from my p10 mask due to tossing and turning. I feel like there could be some more options to try before i request a new machine?
Post Reply Post Reply
Repost a recent chart.

We can easily see if the leaks are correlated to the apnea events.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Newbie and oscar data Trasto 5 172 9 hours ago
Last Post: Old Steve
  Help analyzing OSCAR data - CA's? alemon 33 1,265 Yesterday, 06:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [CPAP] Please help, first time analyzing my oscar data napnea 3 101 Yesterday, 02:38 PM
Last Post: Old Steve
  [CPAP] Self treating: Advice for tuning after first night OSCAR data? citrus1 11 270 Yesterday, 11:43 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Oscar data help yoyoman2024 4 100 Yesterday, 10:44 AM
Last Post: yoyoman2024
Question Help w/ Oscar Data (recent mask switch) cpapillon 6 204 09-11-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  Oscar Data Looks Fine, But Still Very Sleepy dvschwab 3 261 09-07-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: CPAPfriend

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.