Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP Preventative Maintenance
CPAP Preventative Maintenance
Hello! Just got my first CPAP (ResMed device) and I am very excited. I know all the basic maintenance and cleaning procedures, but I was curious what everyone does beyond that. An example would be: cycling multiple nose pieces every night over a certain period instead if wearing the same one until it’s time to use a new one. The ‘standby’ piece when cycling would then be soaking in DI water or another cleaning solution while the ‘active’ one is being used.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP Preventative Maintenance
Welcome to the forum drewdavis Smile

I keep few of my old pieces of kit (cushion/strap/clips,elbows) as backups, but I cycle through a cushion every 5 months or so-the silicone loses some of it's elasticity to seal well, and headgear every 8 months or so.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP Preventative Maintenance
I just use the same cushion until it's service life expires. I have plenty of supplies on hand. I wash the cushion about every 4th or 5th night. I also use some anti-bacterial wipes as needed in between washings. 

Cycling thru numerous cushions seems like more work than is necessary.  Eat-popcorn
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sleep Maintenance Insomnia alienfrontier 0 285 04-03-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: alienfrontier
  CPAP compressed air path design, foam, filtration & maintenance MaNoise 10 655 03-25-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: MaNoise
  Buying new machine; maintenance tips please? Benzi 7 1,286 06-29-2022, 10:34 AM
Last Post: YipeekiOH
  Mask Strap Maintenance Jeremy H 7 981 11-08-2021, 04:35 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
Sad [Equipment] Maintenance and change of part of machine Hopeseeker 3 977 08-12-2020, 10:28 AM
Last Post: Hopeseeker
  Cleaning and maintenance Fiddy 8 2,147 03-01-2019, 10:03 AM
Last Post: ardenum
  [Equipment] Cpap machine maintenance stephen D 8 2,449 08-16-2018, 01:44 AM
Last Post: DeepBreathing

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.