Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Seeking Assistance with Oscar Results
Seeking Assistance with Oscar Results
Hello everyone,

This is my first post here, I have been using my Resmed Airsense 11 since March of this year. I was prescribed 5-20 as the initial setting. 

I have since changed that to 8-12 then eventually to 10-17.

My AHI has always been an average of 0-1.5. However I'd like to understand my Oscar results to educate myself more on this.

I have the past 3 days of OSCAR screenshots attached.

Can anyone let me how this looks, what can I change and or advise me on ways that I can improve my CPAP treatment? 

I wear my Apple Watch to bed every night and check the blood oxygen but it's mainly over 90%, some dips to 86%. 

On Wednesday you can see there is a gap, that's when I got took my mask off to get some water. This is my first winter with my cpap, I've noticed lately with the Climate on Auto, my nose and throat still feels a bit dry. Sometimes I may wake up with a very slight headache.

I still feel a bit tired everyday, I should note I'm 34 years old, weight 240 pounds, 5ft 10.

Also I have looked at getting an oxygen sensor that I can use with my CPAP data to import in Oscar, hopefully have that in a few months.

Thanks in advance!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Seeking Assistance with Oscar Results
Overall your OSCAR data looks great. What's your nasal hygiene routine? It seems like your apnea is well controlled so I'd focus elsewhere like making sure your nasal passages are clear all day long. I'd recommend a saline nasal rinse 1x per day and flonase about an hour before bed if you're feeling stuffy. Make sure you're aiming the flonase into your sinuses and not up your nose.

I had great results but was still experiencing significant desaturations that I was able to solve by keeping my nose & sinuses clear at night and it changed my life.

Re: Dry nose / mouth - try switching climate control to "manual" and start with level 4. If tonight you wake up with dry nose then try 5 the next night and so on.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Seeking Assistance with Oscar Results
How do you feel? As GF said, numbers are good but they are only part of a very complex story. 

You have A bit of flow limitations going on, which while not impacting numbers may be impacting sleep quality as the pressure will respond to the limitation accordingly. More FL’s, more pressure. Less, less pressure. Some of us are very sensitive to the pressure changes, so we try to minimise them with either fixed pressure or a smaller range for adjustments.

You are into the fine-tuning phase, so small changes are the goal to improve sleep. If you think things are fine, then leave it as you currently have it.

If you would like, try the following:

Min pressure 11
Max pressure 17
EPR 3 full-time

That should help with some of the pressure changes and be a bit more comfortable.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR Results Help Napnea4 4 68 1 hour ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Seeking Advice on BiPAP AirCurve 10 VAuto Settings for Upper Airway Resistance Syndro chacha897d 1 42 4 hours ago
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Seeking restful sleep! TennisFan 5 110 09-06-2024, 06:03 PM
Last Post: TennisFan
Question [CPAP] Oscar results - How can I improve on this further? nomosnow 4 211 09-05-2024, 09:48 AM
Last Post: nomosnow
  Doubts about my diagnosis? (Test results + First night with CPAP) IAXEM 15 1,397 09-03-2024, 08:32 PM
Last Post: IAXEM
  Assistance with wife's CPAP issues Hammer641 6 176 09-01-2024, 06:45 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Confusing WatchPAT One results jordybug 1 114 08-30-2024, 04:07 PM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.