Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Seeking Advice on BiPAP AirCurve 10 VAuto Settings for Upper Airway Resistance Syndro
Seeking Advice on BiPAP AirCurve 10 VAuto Settings for Upper Airway Resistance Syndro
Hello, fellow UAR members! I just bought my BiPAP AirCurve 10 VAuto for my UAR. What settings do you recommend I use? Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Seeking Advice on BiPAP AirCurve 10 VAuto Settings for Upper Airway Resistance Syndro
Well the clinical recommendations are to set EPAP at the pressure at which obstructive apneas were resolved on CPAP (provided you've already tried CPAP), and then put IPAP 4cm above that. If you haven't tried CPAP, then 4/8 is recommended. It's not super important where you begin, because once you have even one day of data and some comments about how you feel from most recent settings, it'll be clearer what direction you need to go. Make sure Tmax isn't too low (above your 95th percentile inspiration time), and most patients seem to prefer 'Easy Breathe'. Feel free to ask any questions you might have, but I hope this can get you started.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Treatment] Seeking optimal treatment please help Xboxrrod 0 53 Yesterday, 08:13 PM
Last Post: Xboxrrod
  oscar advice deepsouthmike 4 106 09-14-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: deepsouthmike
  Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV: Central Apnea Not Relieved RVSleeper 50 1,911 09-13-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: RVSleeper
  Need Advice -- Having A Lot of Issues npolite 3 134 09-13-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: npolite
  Potential UARS BiPAP Advice gce799 6 559 09-09-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: gce799
  [Treatment] Persistent Hypopnea and Unclassified Apnea Issues with BiPap Settings behtaaash 7 305 09-09-2024, 11:57 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  [Diagnosis] Clear Airway, CSR events frolic 12 455 09-09-2024, 09:19 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.