Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP Storage
CPAP Storage
Hi. I just purchased a new Resmed 10. My old one is 8 years old, still working ok, but wanted a new one so I could use the old one as a spare  or back-up, If the old one is going to be out of use for an extended period, is there anything I can do to keep it safe in terms of dust, dirt, mold etc? Has anyone been through this? Maybe just seal it in a plastic bag and store in a cool dark place?
thanks All.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP Storage
I have three total Aircurve 10 vauto machines. One has over 23K hours, another is close to 10 K and the newest is at 6-months of use. I keep the standby machines in their soft case in a dry conditioned space, and use one at the Summer cottage. The one with all the hours I'm tempted to send to Supplier #28 for a reconditioning, (new motor, refurbishment, calibration) and keep it as the cottage device. You can't hurt the machines by storing them in a clean place.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think if I were storing for an extended period of time I would do as Sleeprider says except I would also toss in a few desicant bags to keep it dry. You get them in boxes with just about everything you buy these days or you can order them online. They don't last forever but you only need it when putting it away to get rid of any moisture left in the machine from use.
Post Reply Post Reply
Great ideas, thank you both.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have one new (a replacement from Phillips) and an expired AirSense 10 stored in their cases within a room that says below 50 relative humidity.  Free from dust and humidity electronics do well when stored.
I only give suggestions from experience as a fellow CPAP user, not professional advice.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Health] Distilled water storage Kafka82 14 2,280 02-02-2022, 05:13 PM
Last Post: Melman
  Data Storage [how much will AirSense 10 store?] RobertWA 11 6,854 02-17-2020, 04:36 AM
Last Post: yrnkrn
  Mask storage gsxr1k 13 2,802 03-11-2019, 01:45 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait
  [Equipment] CPAP question [smell after storage] Dyinginmysleep 10 2,706 02-04-2018, 10:59 PM
Last Post: Dyinginmysleep
  Copy data from internal storage to SD card on Dreamstation bketchel 5 3,645 03-02-2017, 10:28 AM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense - Is there data storage on the SD card AND in the unit itself? FormerFed 19 16,333 11-03-2016, 03:17 PM
Last Post: PreciousRoy
  Data storage question for S9 users Dawei 7 1,999 03-31-2016, 09:09 PM
Last Post: palerider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.