Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Understanding OSCAR
Understanding OSCAR
Hi, I'd love some help interpreting my data to optimize my experience with CPAP treatment. When my pressure was higher, I would frequently wake up with my stomach inflated with air. I seem to be sleeping well now but am still exhausted. Help!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Understanding OSCAR
you are showing positional apnea. You can see positional apnea where either H or Oa events are clustered together.  Getting rid of as many as you can will lower your AHI.  Positional apnea can NOT be controlled by pressure changes.  You have to find out what position you are getting into and cutting off your own airway.  Have you changed your sleep position?  Sleeping on your back?  Using more (or new) pillows?  These things can cause positional apnea by chin dropping to your sternum and cutting your airway.  Think of it of a kinked hose – nothing can get through – you have to unkink the hose…

IF you can’t make a simple change like changing to a flatter pillow helps then you will need a collar.  I have a link to collars in my signature at the bottom of the page.  It shows people who are not wearing a collar and the SAME person wearing a collar.  There is a huge difference between the two.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Understanding OSCAR
Welcome

Stacey is right that you have to deal with your positional apnea.  Most find that they need to use a soft cervical collar.  Most drugstores offer a few and Amazon sells many different versions.  Many of us like the Caldera Releaf Collar which is available on Amazon.  It works as well as others, especially for women, and is very comfortable.

If possible it would be great if you could turn ramp off.  You get no therapy during ramp, and any time you get up during the night ramp kicks in again, robbing you of therapy.

It would help you if you turned EPR on full-time set at 3.  You would be more comfortable, and more importantly, you would lower your flow limits.  Flow limits are short, unreported apneas, and it's good to lower them.

Using EPR 3 will also make breathing easier and you should be able to increase your max pressure setting to 8 without causing aerophagia.  I strongly suggest that you do that.

Good luck with improving your therapy and comfort!  Smile
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Understanding My Oscar Data - Improving Usage, Possible CSR brokenslinky 4 238 10-09-2024, 09:08 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [CPAP] Please help understanding OSCAR data; AHI 5.5 and still drowsy -_- twomashi 6 364 10-06-2024, 08:33 AM
Last Post: twomashi
  Understanding Trigger Sensitivity stevesleep 7 519 09-29-2024, 06:27 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  New CPAP user, looking for help understanding flow curve waran 3 261 09-23-2024, 12:57 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [CPAP] Got Oscar a few days ago, would love help understanding what i can fix DryWallProspector 5 231 09-22-2024, 07:15 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  New to OSCAR, need some help understanding my data sleepadventure 13 859 09-21-2024, 11:47 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  New CPAP user, looking for help understanding OSCAR Ksquared716 3 292 09-19-2024, 07:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.