Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] WORST SLEEP APNEA IN RECORDED HISTORY, plzzz help!
WORST SLEEP APNEA IN RECORDED HISTORY, plzzz help!
ALlow me to explain this stupid thing of mine:

Basically last 4 to 5 years I've tried again and again for a month per year or less try CPAP aka APAP Resmed 10 machine. Prior to this in 2014 I had 3 minimally invasive procedures performed at the snoring center in a big TX city.  Those procedures were RF Ablation (Once), Tongue Reduction Procedure (6 Times), and Pillar Procedure (Once), labeled the latest greatest thing at the time because you'd put palatal implants and somehow stop the AHI levels from rising.  Admittedly, for the first night in 10 years or so I had gotten dreams which I was just amazed by, which meant my memory had been suffering for so long and I'd totally forgotten to consider this sleep apnea thing a super bad obstacle.  Also, at the time I was studying for this Grad school test called GMAT, for which score i was unable to improve it 9 times in a row. Of course, after this surgery, it shot up & got into good business school.

But the effects weren't for long, all b/c I didn't want to wear the stupid mask. Come to find out couple years later my AHI had gotten just as bad as i had seen before with my $10,000 of procedures apparently in the trash bin. Fast forward to 2021 when i had my sleep study done and it again showed AHI of 83.5. On and off since 2017 I'd been trying the CPAP machine but always noticed my mask would be on the floor within an hour, but always NON-WILLINGLY. This time I wanted to document that and show it to you experts on OSCAR software-related graphs for last 2 months that I've again started doing and painfully results are similar. So, for one thing I'm doing for sure is getting a BIPAP machine as my ENT has authorized it but before I do that I'd like to note the following: I've already tried few cpap masks previously and failed b/c I'm a mouth breather, and these are  ResMed Airfit N20 and ResMed Mirage FX Nasal. The one i'm currently wearing but that's also leaking miserably now is the ResMed AirFit F20 Full Face mask, but I've attached the leak pics from myAIR for you guys to see that.

So the Question is, before I change my BIPAP machine, i'd like to see what you guys see in the analysis other than mask is leaking like crazy and if there's any possible APAP machine issues cuz I've tried this for 3 years in a row and don't get more than 1 damn hour of sleep, I'm hoping this will immediately be resolved due to EPR factor of more than 3? Any BIpap users here that can give feedback as well as the smart ppl in this forum, I'd appreciate it. Honestly, once I get back to work with normal insurance I'll definitely get the Inspire Implant, but in some cases I've read even that may not fully work out and BiPaP / Cpap maybe needed, or for now at least I can get best relief via BIPAP. Thoughts??

ps First time poster

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: WORST SLEEP APNEA IN RECORDED HISTORY, plzzzzzz help!!
Welcome to Apnea Board. The summary data you provided basically shows your AHI is treated better with higher pressure, but this leaves us with a lot of questions concerning the data. The Daily Details chart is much more useful as it shows your settings much more precisely, respiratory statistics, and the typical pattern of apnea. My signature links include links to Organizing your Oscar Chart, and it should be pretty easy to produce some daily details charts so we can see what is going on. Your post suggests that you now have a bilevel machine, and hopefully that is the Resmed Aircurve 10 Vatuo, but let us know so recommendations can be tailored to the new device. Post a daily details and more details on your new machine, and I'll check back.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thx sleeprider,

I almost have it, literally I just have to purchase it as I already got RX approved from the doctor. But, I'm thinking with all the stats I've provided and screenshots, is there anything that I'm doing wrong on my end or will I just continue to leak as horribly as the charts show with the Airfit F20 full face mask that I'm wearing.  The 13 sessions I've shown are still from my ResMed 10 APAP, I'm just wondering maybe i should try a hybrid or nasal pillow based mask but my gut tells me that won't help since i have lots of congestion issues with my nose. I actually remember buying this as my 5th mask to make anything work for me, but seal opens up from the side lips and still can't breathe right.  

Do you just suggest I continue to post daily OSCAR charts here for next few days b4 I make the actual purchase of the ResMed Air Curve 10 BIPAP??
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi,

about the fact that your mask jumps out of your face by itself ;-)

You can try to get more used to it by wearing it during the day. Put s movie on your TV, go watch a game of your favorite sport or anything else, with your mask on. That may help you keep it for longer when asleep once you are used to it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you tried the AirTOUCH F20 foam mask? It is the only full face mask I have found that I can wear without leaking.. The Air Touch was recommended to me by my sleep doctor who uses it for his apnea, and my new DME wears the same one. The AirFit leaked like crazy when I tried it.
Post Reply Post Reply
You have not posted data that includes your settings. If you are using bilevel and the mask is bouncing off your face, it may be fixed with lower pressure support, or more likely a different mask. Have you tried nasal pillows?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Fisher and Paykel full-face mask Vitera is the miracle mask IMO. Can't be beat for a solid seal.
Post Reply Post Reply
Its just unable man i tried this couple years back for 4 months str8 to the same dismal results except even then I could do over an hour up to 2 hours, here as my results show, and from last couple days I can't freaking hit an hour dude this thing really sucks. like I'm not claustrophobic, its just the pressure gets to my eyes thru mask leakages and I'm cleaning doing all necessary things reducing APAP pressure to same conclusion like 9.0 AHI for 47 minutes on avg, 84 AHI for rest of the 7 hours I'm sleeping I've officially decided to buy the AutoCurve Bipap 10 Resmed latest thing, hoping BiPap relieves all pressure issues and already changed 4 to 5 masks
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been on APAP thus far, tomorrow I'm ordering biPap AirCurve Resmed V Auto with heated humidifier machine because I'm so done with every adjustment I'm making its still not stopping me from taking my mask out middle of the night without me remembering it.  Should I tie my hands go that extreme to prevent it I don't know what else to do, I'm at my damn wits end with this thing man, you know??
Post Reply Post Reply
wiat a sec, you're saying that as a biPAP machine owner of I think the same type I'm getting, so you do agree APAPs aren't working as well as BIPAP with this Fisher Paykel full size Vitera mask? Problem is when I look at ratings I see a mixed bag of 4.1 3.7 4.3 out of 5 ratings, so I can order it from now just hoping to not be disappointed as the rest. You ever tried any hybrid or nasal pillow masks because I haven't tried the funny big looking ones??

No never tried Nasal Pillows as my nose allergies generally cause myself to have a blockage, especially during cold seasons, if I can solve my nasal blockage issues I can at least try those minimal sleep pillow masks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [CPAP] My Sleep Apnea is Worse than Yours... plz Help!! memoryNada786 8 558 09-13-2024, 11:53 AM
Last Post: memoryNada786
  can I test for sleep apnea by setting a very low pressure? joelin02 12 492 09-11-2024, 05:23 PM
Last Post: PersonInNY
  Controlling Positional sleep apnea GeorgeGus 5 297 09-10-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Self-Treating Sleep Apnea | First Night with CPAP = 0,87 AHI | Central Apnea? Dumdi 26 4,575 09-09-2024, 10:11 AM
Last Post: Dumdi
  Sleep Apnea CPAP/OSCAR/OSA/CA trish1028 1 169 09-08-2024, 03:36 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Equipment] Central sleep apnea - titration study didn't work blossom 1 182 08-30-2024, 11:55 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] SD Card - Airsense 11 - How do you know if data recorded dekory419 2 191 08-28-2024, 12:08 PM
Last Post: dekory419

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.