Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Trach + BiPap?
RE: Trach + BiPap?
Yes I think most machines do address "rise time" (from Epap to Ipap) but I have not seen anything about "fall time" (from Ipap to Epap).

I'm wondering if they are named under different words and set differently or whatnot

I mean if Stellar 150 has it, the higher models like Astral and Trilogy have to have it too, I would assume.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think it might be called "flow shape/pattern" in Astral...
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll take a look in the clinical manuals about it. See below.

The RT I had that was discussing ventilators mentioned brand breath feel, as in ResMed will feel different in the delivery than Philips Respironics, etc. If you prefer X brand, you'll probably want to keep that to minimize drastic feel changes, was what I was told.

I've only got to trial ResMed ST-A not the vents, yet, so I don't have experienced usage to pass on.

Was it involving these?

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just wanted to mention also that my experience of not being able to tolerate the ST (A) IVAPS seems to be an exception and not the rule.  I have seen a few members here at ApneaBoard with ST (A) IVAPS.  Most needed some tweaking to optimize their therapy, but once optimized, they did fine with it.  

I am pretty sure either the ST (A) IVAPS, or Stellar series ventilators, or Astral ventilators have the settings and controls to let you be able to set your "fall time" transition from IPAP to EPAP the way that you want it.
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do I need a BiPAP? phoen1kx 2 275 07-30-2024, 04:47 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 764 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  bipap Innisfree 2 646 12-12-2023, 07:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Help with bipap Al N 7 1,065 09-14-2023, 06:15 PM
Last Post: Al N
  Fixed pressure BIPAP vrs Auto BIPAP (UARS) tugboatxd 0 853 03-29-2023, 04:13 PM
Last Post: tugboatxd
  Dreamstation BiPAP AutoSV VS BiPAP S/T? racprops 1 662 08-07-2022, 11:25 PM
Last Post: LindanHotAir
  Can a BiPAP user use a CPAP if BiPAP not aviable? jdelcore71 6 1,700 06-17-2022, 08:42 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.