Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Still tired after 4 months of CPAP
RE: Still tired after 4 months of CPAP
The only way to find out is to try it.  The problem with APAP is that it actually raises your pressure after you have had an apnea, not before.   Then it usually raises your pressure higher than you really need, then starts to drop, gets low and you have another apnea and it starts all over again.  The idea with CPAP is to not have as many OA's to begin with and help eliminate as many arousals as possible   If I remember correctly when I had my sleep apnea test back in 2000 the sleep doctor set my CPAP machine at 10cm.  That was back in the old days before CPAP's had APAP or EPR just a constant pressure.   Today I still run around 10cm in CPAP mode with an EPR of 3, so my exhale pressure is at 7cm.  I have run as low as 8cm pressure with out much difference in AHI.  Unlike you, I am used to higher pressure and if I run at 8cm or less I do not feel like I am getting enough air.    I sleep on my side and my AHI averages 0.50 or less.  If I start sleeping on my back in the middle of the night my AHI is a different story.   If your doctor set you at 8cm and assuming that he figured correctly it should work okay in CPAP mode too. Anyway, if you do not like it in CPAP you can always switch it back. 
The trick with sleep apnea is trying to find a setting that actually makes you feel better.   
I am not an expert...just a long time user.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Still tired after 4 months of CPAP
I'm with Steve on this, CPAP ended up being great for me as well, I have it at 15.5cm with c-flex on 3 and I'm under 1 ahi and sleep very well when compared to APAP mode.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Diagnosis] On CPAP for 3 months and still exhausted please HELP!! Willrule88 8 254 09-17-2024, 07:18 PM
Last Post: alemon
  Months of CPAP use and feeling more fatigued senseisaitama 4 169 09-15-2024, 11:43 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  1 year on CPAP, still tired all the time joelin02 5 483 09-10-2024, 06:39 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  [CPAP] 8 months in and could still use help papjourney 1 140 09-08-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  23 yr old W/ Good AHI - Still tired and foggy daytong 7 384 09-05-2024, 09:05 PM
Last Post: daytong
  Tired Again Brennie 16 858 09-04-2024, 08:23 AM
Last Post: Brennie
  [CPAP] 5 nights in.....grumpier,forgetful and very tired! toby2111 28 1,373 08-26-2024, 02:25 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.