Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can someone help me analyze my OSCAR data?
Sad 
Can someone help me analyze my OSCAR data?
I've been using my CPAP for around 2 weeks now. Most days I get at least 7hrs of usage and I'm in bed for 8.5-9.5hrs. I would say I'm pretty used to wearing the mask now and don't find it too uncomfortable.

However, I'm still extremely fatigued every single day the entire day. I go to work, am tired all day with and without coffee. When I get home at 6-7 I fight to stay awake and can sleep immediately if I needed to. I know it takes some people weeks/months to feel the effects, but I genuinely don't feel even 1% more energized. If anything, part of me feels like I'm even more tired since using the CPAP and need even more sleep.

Can someone help me check my OSCAR data to see if there are any improvements I can make? Posted 3 days of data - I can post more photos if necessary.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Can someone help me analyze my OSCAR data?
What's the reason for the consistent periods in the early morning with no use?
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the board.  Take a look at your pressure chart. Look at the huge rise in the pressure.  The reason that is happening is your flow limits (look at that chart and compare the two charts) are causing the pressure increase.  To help the flow limits we use EPR.  To do that you will need to change the min pressure.  you have it on 4 the lowest the machine can go.  EPR lowers the min on exhale (exhale pressure relief) and it will help with the flow limits that will also stop the machine from increasing pressure.  That increase in pressure wakes people up and causes leakes.

Set you machine to
Min 7 
EPR to FULL TIME
EPR 3

Im sure that will help your sleep.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-14-2024, 11:00 PM)staceyburke Wrote: Welcome to the board.  Take a look at your pressure chart. Look at the huge rise in the pressure.  The reason that is happening is your flow limits (look at that chart and compare the two charts) are causing the pressure increase.  To help the flow limits we use EPR.  To do that you will need to change the min pressure.  you have it on 4 the lowest the machine can go.  EPR lowers the min on exhale (exhale pressure relief) and it will help with the flow limits that will also stop the machine from increasing pressure.  That increase in pressure wakes people up and causes leakes.

Set you machine to
Min 7 
EPR to FULL TIME
EPR 3

Im sure that will help your sleep.

Hi, thank you so much for your response. That makes sense and I was actually not aware of the EPR setting. Does it matter what max pressure I set my machine to?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help analyzing OSCAR data - CA's? alemon 26 1,006 3 hours ago
Last Post: alemon
  Just discovered OSCAR, how does my data look? mtdang 8 361 10 hours ago
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [CPAP] OSCAR Data richardb123 1 78 Yesterday, 11:10 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Night 1 OSCAR Data Interpretation Stuartt 10 173 Yesterday, 02:41 PM
Last Post: Stuartt
  Oscar Data Looks Fine, But Still Very Sleepy dvschwab 2 140 Yesterday, 01:02 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
Question Help w/ Oscar Data (recent mask switch) cpapillon 3 102 09-05-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: cpapillon
  [CPAP] Help with ASV OSCAR data? Persisting Daytime Fatigue Despite 0 AHI LennySleeps 3 197 09-04-2024, 01:20 AM
Last Post: LennySleeps

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.