Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can't keep mask on
Can't keep mask on
I'm using a ResMed AirFit N30i mask

It consistently and repeatedly slips off my face and head. 

Not only can't I use my BiPap ASP machine; I can't sleep...or I can, just without the machine. I'm waking up irritable and angry. It's been going on for months...

The stupid thing is, I can't figure out a solution. I've tried wearing a cap or pull-over hat but they don't stay on my head for long either.

This should be a no-brainer.

Any advice, Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Can't keep mask on
In my experience the N30i mask becomes dislodged because the back strap slips forward over your head. I have a similar problem if I use that mask. I found I got a better fit with the P30i, and finally which has nasal pillow projections that keep the air holes in place. I finally quit using the N30i/P30i because it pulls up to hard on my nose. I went back to the Airfit P10 which has similar nasal pillows.

You may be able to prevent the back from slipping by attaching "tie-down" that holds the rear strap to a collar on panamas or a soft cervical collar, or a loop that holds the back of the strap and loosely runs under your chin above your throat, or even below your ears and back to the mask frame. Anything that keeps that strap from slipping upward should keep it in place. I have a lot of parts and pieces around, and am thinking about using a P-10 headgear to fasten to the N30i strap and create a hold-down on the back of my neck.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You could experiment with wrapping a washcloth or something around the headgear to see if friction helps. I used to have this problem with the P10. I never did resolve it, but friction seemed to help.
Post Reply Post Reply
Let’s back up a bit. 

What are your current settings? i went through your previous threads and found what you were using then, but it would help to know what you are using now.

I am not sure if OSCAR supports your specific machine, but if so post some charts. If not, what does the reporting screen show as the min, avg, or max pressure?
Post Reply Post Reply
thank you all. Your experiences with he AirFit mask are entirely accurate.

It's been a while...I need to update my information (2 new BiPAP ASVs) and I understand that there are ways I can determine whether my settings are correct?

Please give me a few days.
Post Reply Post Reply
Borrowed a AirFit P10 Mask from a friend and had the first FULL NIGHT SLEEP I've had in MONTHS!!

Have not been getting email notifications to any of the posts on this thread. Went into my profile to ensure all was in order there.

Questions:
  1. Do I need to respecify I want to subscribe/receive email notifications every time I do a reply?
  2. When I specify I want email notifications when I create a post or subscribe to a post, will I continue to receive email notifications for the duration of those posts?
Post Reply Post Reply
As far as I know, if you are subscribed to this thread with instant email notification, that function should work if your registration email is valid. I'll have OpalRose look into it for you as she has access to that functionality.

The Airfit P10 has been my go-to mask for years, since it was first introduced. I had no luck with the P30i or N30i
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It wouldn't hurt to go back and validate your notification settings (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/usercp...on=options). Just remember to select the "Update" button at the bottom. Also, when making a post using the full editor (not the Quick Reply), there is a thread subscription option at the below the text box. This allows you to override any default setting you may have in place.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-08-2024, 01:54 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: As far as I know, if you are subscribed to this thread with instant email notification, that function should work if your registration email is valid. I'll have OpalRose look into it for you as she has access to that functionality.

The Airfit P10 has been my go-to mask for years, since it was first introduced.  I had no luck with the P30i or N30i

Got email!!  (If I look down the rest of this page I see that selected is "Do not subscribe to this thread" If I send this reply without changing that setting--which I am going to do--Will I continue to get email notifications for the duration of the life of this (and all) subscribed thread(s).)

Now having problems modifying my product list. (See private message)

***  Moderator Note: Corrupted image removed  ***
Images can not be inserted directly into a post or hosted from a personal computer.
Please upload apnea related images (only) to the Apnea Board server or use an image hosting service for all others.  
Please read this link for further information:  "How to: Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board" .
Post Reply Post Reply
AFibApnea,
I sent you an email with pic of your account settings. If you wish to receive emails for a thread you are subscribed to, you need to check that box.

Also, be sure you actually subscribed to a thread, which you can do at the bottom of your post.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Difference between nasal mask, and full face mask setting Ynot 6 427 09-04-2024, 05:38 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 3,437 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 4,107 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  Advice for f and p vitera mask leaks full face mask accetableplaintain 2 4,853 03-23-2022, 09:37 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Help with mask, Definition of EPAP/IPAP and Mask Pressure wesozzzz 1 1,263 11-15-2019, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  What's the mask setting of Dreamstation for Bleep DreamPort mask? ChinaMan 5 2,684 10-11-2019, 07:17 PM
Last Post: ChinaMan
  Changing mask from p10 resmed to philips respironics: Mask seal issue Visitor 10 5,126 10-11-2019, 07:25 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.