Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Hello, newish user trying to get settings dialed in.
Smile 
Hello, newish user trying to get settings dialed in.
Hello! I was hoping to get some help on figuring out why I'm still sleepy during the day despite my AHIs looking good. I've been using an APAP for around 4 months now. My initial hour events were 22.3 when I did my sleep study and I also had low oxygen saturation.

The first month using the machine life was fantastic. My starting settings were a start pressure of 4, with a range of 5-15, and all temperature/humidity options just left on Auto. After this first month I started to feel like I did before the machine. After 3 months of using the machine I had my follow up appt. with my doctor, which included an oxygen evaluation before the appt. O2 levels had returned to satisfactory levels, but I had brought my issues up to my doctor. The result was increasing the range of pressure from 5-15, to 11-15. I tried that for a week and felt the jump from my starting pressure of 5 to 11 was causing problems, so I tried increasing my starting pressure to 8, but after using these settings for a few weeks I wasn't feeling any better. I'll include a few snippets from the last 2 months as I didn't fully understand needing the SD card in the machine to get the graphs to log for OSCAR. I do still have un-graphed data from the first month and can attached those in a follow up comment.

Resmed 11
N30i nasal pillow

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What generally are the first pressure settings for a new CPAP user ? Tenley 5 369 09-07-2024, 11:34 AM
Last Post: Jay51
Surprised New-ish CPAP user needing help with settings tylerg419 4 317 07-21-2024, 06:24 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Diagnosis] Finding the right settings: Hyperventilation in new user CPAPhelpseeker 4 287 07-02-2024, 09:48 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  [Pressure] New cpap user and guessing at machine settings Tsunami 14 687 06-26-2024, 10:43 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Help with Oscar and settings please, new user bettyryan 25 1,318 05-25-2024, 03:18 AM
Last Post: bettyryan
  New Bilevel user help with settings (oscar attached) opo218 6 427 04-15-2024, 02:56 PM
Last Post: opo218
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 365 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.