Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Switched to full face mask last night. Flow limitation increased
RE: Switched to full face mask last night. Flow limitation increased
Obstructed Airway101, all of your charts show the use of CPAP pressure in the range of 10 to 14 cm with the use of VCOM. In general, you seem to settle in at 12 cm pressure. The two charts you posted so far show very different results with the first displaying RERA and high flow limitation, and the second showing sporadic OA and OA clusters. Sometimes we can learn more about how you respond by changing up some variables. I'm not a fan of VCOM so be aware of that bias. The pattern of obstructive events suggests you may have some occasional positional obstruction. The OA events and even the high flow limits in the first graph arise with little to no warning. The occasional clustering of OA events in the second is typical of chin-tucking, and then full clearing of the apnea. Take a look at the positional apnea wiki article and consider whether this may be applicable to you. https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...onal_Apnea

The theory behind VCOM is that it uses expiratory flow to increase pressure during exhale. With the fixed CPAP pressure you are using this should not be needed, and you are correct that it basically counters the effect of EPR, which you're not using. I think omitting VCOM with your pressure at 11-13 should prove comfortable since you tolerate CPAP pressure without EPR. I don't see a need to change your pressure range. At some point I'd like to see you try EPR, without pressure correction, and see what a lower expiratory pressure does for you.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah not a big fan of the vcom I took it off last night and went to above recommended settings of 12-15 woth epr full time at 3 and tolerated it well. Im at work and hadn't uploaded to oscar yet. Will do later. Interested in seeing the data. I'm like you may not need that much pressure if it's positional. Ill check the data later. May need a cervical collar but I don't know how comfortable that would be. I use a chin strap to keep mouth closed when I'm wearing the pillows and if I don't do it tight enough I will have mouth leaks. Had anyone heard of chin straps making OSA worse?
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't think a chin strap could make apnea worse. My husband used to wear one with no problems. He found though that mouth taping works better for the leaks.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
Extremely narrow flow rate here. whats going on here more flow limitation?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  EPR 1, hight flow limit, but lots of CA throwaway1242 8 253 10-19-2024, 08:54 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Symptoms] More Tired With Less Flow Limitations sowo123 3 243 10-10-2024, 02:46 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Switched to BIPAP JRTO808 10 476 10-04-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Leaks and Flow Rates cyberfiche 4 328 10-02-2024, 10:38 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Weird Flow Rate Pattern Started 3 days ago Dodies 2 167 09-30-2024, 11:42 PM
Last Post: Dodies
  is this flow limitation? shyguy 2 313 09-30-2024, 10:00 PM
Last Post: shyguy
  Need help with increased Clear Airway events zood 7 510 09-30-2024, 09:08 PM
Last Post: zood

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.