Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Leaks and Flow Rates
Leaks and Flow Rates
I've attached an OSCAR screenshot showing one session from last night. (I had some insomnia last night, so there are some big gaps in the full night's data.) I noticed that there are a few places where the leak rate ramps up, and at the same time, the flow rate slowly diminishes. Then, suddenly, the flow rate jumps back up and the leak goes away. I'm curious to know what is going on here. Can anyone provide some insight into this? Thank!

- cyberfiche

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Leaks and Flow Rates
Your chart looks decent (I see inspiratory/expiratory jumps in the waveform then the lapses as well), but it's because you're using a resmed machine, I can't use them as they won't work for me and deep sleep (I've tried a few). Have you tried any other vendor? I strongly suggest that you do so.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Leaks and Flow Rates
You have one of the best machines out there and your number look good.  I don't see much to change - good job.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weird Flow Rate Pattern Started 3 days ago Dodies 2 64 09-30-2024, 11:42 PM
Last Post: Dodies
  is this flow limitation? shyguy 2 178 09-30-2024, 10:00 PM
Last Post: shyguy
  What was your experience fighting mouth leaks? PersonInNY 29 1,054 09-30-2024, 06:59 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  Flow Limits How to Upgrade CPAP to Bilevel Deborah K. 114 13,460 09-29-2024, 06:57 PM
Last Post: Fixit50
  How do I lower flow limits on my ASV? apneavolt 5 104 09-29-2024, 05:26 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP Newbie - Waking All Night With Mask Leaks Embeeous 37 1,211 09-26-2024, 03:37 PM
Last Post: Embeeous
  What else causes flow limits? StevesSp 6 949 09-26-2024, 10:09 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.