Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Changed BiPAP machines--need advice
RE: Changed BiPAP machines--need advice
(03-13-2018, 09:10 AM)gwc2795 Wrote: Thanks Sleeprider. I have contacted the Dr. and told them about the hours on the machine as well as the fact I am not resting well. I asked about a different type machine that would auto titrate.They are going to contact the DME supplier and get back with me. She said she would not accept the used machine.

Of course she should have figured that out before dispensing the fixed pressure machine.  The difference is cost is minimal, but someone that has not had a sleep study in a number of years, can benefit fro auto bilevel, the same as auto CPAP. She just increased her profit margin because she could.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi gwc2795,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck as you continue CPAP therapy and hopefully you will get the AirCurve10 VAuto.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Sleeprider and trish6hundred.
I will keep you posted when things happen, although I am not going to let it drag out.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-13-2018, 03:56 PM)gwc2795 Wrote: Thanks Sleeprider and trish6hundred.
I will keep you posted when things happen, although I am not going to let it drag out.

Since she dispensed a used machine to you, the resistance seems a bit hypocritical, no?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
So true, but it is what it is.
Post Reply Post Reply
Now the DME is telling me that there is no way I can get the Aircurve 10 Vauto, "It is too expensive". All she wants to talk about is MyAir scores. I am going tomorrow and I am taking the Aircurve 10 S with me. I am taking Sleepyhead printouts with me. I am taking printouts of web pricing for the 10 S and the Vauto. When I leave I intend to leave with the Vauto or nothing at all. I will go back to my old machine until I can get it worked out.

Thanks for the Help

I will keep you posted.
Post Reply Post Reply
Got back from DME. They do not want to change it for the Aircurve 10 Vauto. They said that they have to pay more for the vauto because they have an agreement for the S. How can I find another vendor in my area that has the Vauto in stock? I am in the Augusta Ga area.

Gerry
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you tried Integrity Medical or Duramed? Best Google star ratings in your area.

The VPAP S does cost them about $150 less. Ask them how you can make it happen, or you're changing DMEs. They will make it up very quickly on masks and supply sales. That's why other DMEs are willing to dispense the more expensive machine. If all your DME cares about is the lowest price on every transaction, they are a good one to lose. It's kind of like printers. Manufacturers often sell printer below cost to later sell toner or ink at a profit.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
So true Sleeprider. They said they are starting on the insurance approval. I am totally blown away that they have none in stock, and they said they had only sold one and had a lot of trouble getting it through the insurance, I told them it was the same code as the S.
That is why I was asking how to find a different supplier that carries the Vauto. I guess I will start calling around tomorrow.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
I have looked at soft cervical collars on amazon and don't have any idea which one to get. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CA events - Advice lukewpc 5 189 09-30-2024, 04:27 PM
Last Post: lukewpc
  Simulate BiPAP with APAP for more data – Need Advice cyberfiche 3 194 09-17-2024, 12:40 PM
Last Post: cyberfiche
  oscar advice deepsouthmike 4 202 09-14-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: deepsouthmike
  Need Advice -- Having A Lot of Issues npolite 3 250 09-13-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: npolite
  Anyone use CPAP sanitizing machines? sleepingbetterinFl 6 285 09-09-2024, 09:12 PM
Last Post: Tampa Jim
  Potential UARS BiPAP Advice gce799 6 639 09-09-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: gce799
  Seeking Advice on BiPAP AirCurve 10 VAuto Settings for Upper Airway Resistance Syndro chacha897d 1 297 09-07-2024, 08:13 PM
Last Post: CPAPfriend

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.