Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Changing flow limitations
Changing flow limitations
I have a lot of flow limitations which require the pressure increase  to compensate.
BUT
The big question is why does the amount of flow limitations change from night to night. 
Same body,same mask, same pillow , same pressure range so why should they change.
All I can think of is diet.
Im thinking of having the same evening meal every night, boring, to see if the FL,s stabilise
Any other ideas why they should be changing?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Changing flow limitations
Post a few OSCAR charts and either I or someone else may be able to help you with your question.
I am not an expert...just a long time user.

OSCAR - The Guide
Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
Positional Apnea

Post Reply Post Reply
I use Oscar but I cant post it at present
Im just trying to find out why the amount of flow limitations changes every night with the corresponding changes of 95% presure
Post Reply Post Reply
How much are your flow limitations changing?  Could be nothing more than a stuffy nose or perhaps your sleep position.   Mine have changed from 0.10 to 0.02 in a recent seven day period with with the same machine settings.  
I am not an expert...just a long time user.

OSCAR - The Guide
Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
Positional Apnea

Post Reply Post Reply
My flow limitations also fluctuate. It’s usually because of a stuffy nose. I’m most likely trying to suck air and the resistance is probably recording those struggles. ( just a guess) . The days I sleep good I wake up with clear sinus. ( that’s my theory)
Post Reply Post Reply
The range  can be between 0.20 & 0.28 which does not sound much but there is about 5cm difference in pressure
Post Reply Post Reply
(Yesterday, 10:55 AM)Nightynite Wrote: My flow limitations also fluctuate. It’s usually because of a stuffy nose. I’m most likely trying to suck air and the resistance is probably recording those struggles. ( just a guess) .   The days I sleep good I wake up with clear sinus.  ( that’s my theory)

I use a full face mask [Vitera]
]
Post Reply Post Reply
Cpap is not perfect every night. Our charts may fluctuate. The quest is to work on our sleep hygiene and give us the best possible nights sleep with the aid of cpap. Cpap is just part of the solution.
Post Reply Post Reply
OSCAR charts would help. I've seen no attached OSCAR chart in any of your threads, which means we lack some important info to help.

Another thread you have said there's a nasal polyp needing removed. Have you got that done?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is old information but I think its still valid

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unusual flow estgad 3 40 1 hour ago
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [CPAP] Help Me Understand Flow Limitations! usernameissleepy2396 2 47 2 hours ago
Last Post: Jay51
  Can someone explain how EPR reduces flow limitation? obstructedairway101 27 841 Yesterday, 08:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Flow Rate/Limitation Question gr3gg0 10 326 10-25-2024, 12:16 AM
Last Post: THEVGE
  flow limitation due to poistion ? obstructedairway101 7 283 10-24-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: ruffybirdy
  EPR 1, hight flow limit, but lots of CA throwaway1242 8 330 10-19-2024, 08:54 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Switched to full face mask last night. Flow limitation increased obstructedairway101 13 454 10-18-2024, 08:36 PM
Last Post: obstructedairway101

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.