Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Changing flow limitations
RE: Changing flow limitations
We need the left side of your chart with the details, it looks like your flow limits are the culprit. Try EPR 2 and see if that helps for starters. Flow limits can be very disruptive.
Post Reply Post Reply
(Yesterday, 03:04 PM)Nightynite Wrote: We need the left side of your chart with the details, it looks like your flow limits are the culprit.  Try EPR 2 and see if that helps for starters. Flow limits can be very disruptive.

If you look at the pressure graph you will see there are two different colour lines this shows that I have EPR set either 2 or 3
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
The chart mostly looks fine, except the flow limits are probably higher than desired. Has bilevel like a ResMed AirCurve VAuto been considered?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It was mentioned in the past but it never happened.

I was thinking about changing my hospital to see if I could get one but decided against it

I have used it with the max reduced to 16 but the I got OA,s
Post Reply Post Reply
When I turned on EPAP it helped my Flow Limitation tremendously but it still fluctuates a little and is different every night.
Post Reply Post Reply
I suggest raising your minimum pressure to 14 since your median pressure is slightly higher. Also, we can't see your EPR setting, so make sure it is set at 3. Both of those changes should help you.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unusual flow estgad 4 60 1 hour ago
Last Post: estgad
  [CPAP] Help Me Understand Flow Limitations! usernameissleepy2396 2 57 3 hours ago
Last Post: Jay51
  Can someone explain how EPR reduces flow limitation? obstructedairway101 27 849 Yesterday, 08:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Flow Rate/Limitation Question gr3gg0 10 341 10-25-2024, 12:16 AM
Last Post: THEVGE
  flow limitation due to poistion ? obstructedairway101 7 287 10-24-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: ruffybirdy
  EPR 1, hight flow limit, but lots of CA throwaway1242 8 331 10-19-2024, 08:54 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Switched to full face mask last night. Flow limitation increased obstructedairway101 13 454 10-18-2024, 08:36 PM
Last Post: obstructedairway101

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.