Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Completely new, and in panic mode
RE: Completely new, and in panic mode
The vent holes in the masks, swivels and tubing attached to some mask, allow enough fresh air intrusion in event of a machine or power failure, that the manufactures will not loose any paying customers. Laugh-a-lot

I do like Dormeo's suggestion for a power outage alarm. I immediately jumped on Amazon and found several to choose from.

I just received a call from the power company, their new policy is to cut power in event of a wild fire or High Winds. So I expect that alarm will come in handy. I do have a backup generator and a battery bank, so the alarm is the next logical step.

Fox66, keep asking these questions we all benefit from the answers.

Looking forward to seeing some OSCAR Reports.

As always any questions, concerns or doubts, please post them.

Eat-popcorn
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks a lot. In the middle of all this, having ordered a lot of stuff;, just 30 minutes ago, for the first time in my life, got bluffed on the internet, which is absurd, i should have spotted it. They managed to get 3000 dollar, sooo ... well, when it rains it pours or what the saying is. Crazy week this week. I only fell for this due to me ordering a lot of CPAP stuff, and sometimes there are extra tax/duty etc. ... and well, stress of CPAP thing and a bush more. Having worked with designing web sites for 14 years, and not spotting a fraud DHL site, well, think I will have to relax a bit now. Hopefully card is blocket, and some other local security stuff they manage to trick me into giving them, but i´m sure they will haunt me all possible ways, since they have all kinds of information. Hope the real CPAP stuff arrives soon at least, don´t seem so expensive anymore ;-).
Post Reply Post Reply
Don't beat yourself up too much, I have been stung by a fake eBay site, luckily I caught it when I went back in to re-check something and was able to block everything before too much damage was done.

Like you said it is time to relax and quit stressing, millions of people have succeeded on CPAP you will too.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, i believe in unicorns ;-)
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello Friend,

I hope you are progressing nicely. I'm sorry to read that you've experienced a hard time. Some of us (and I include myself) are wired a bit differently and do best by acknowledging and accommodating the fact and NOT berating ourselves for it. 
My previously controlled anxiety has gone out of control since the symtoms of OSA came out from the rock they were under a few months ago. I was very concerned that I wouldn't adapt well to CPAP due to my unpleasant and uncomfortable titration study. When the mask was placed on my face and pressure applied, I completely panicked and removed it. The pressure was at 4 which I now know is notorious for the suffocation feeling in adults. The sleep therapist was doing her best to get her job done and her worst in letting me know what to expect and how to work effectively with the process.    

I've done three full nights and am able to sleep through the night with reasonable comfort. What they say here is true - bear with it and you will be able to tolerate the sensations of pap therapy and might find it to be a comfort sooner than you expected.    

I think the term "go with the flow" is meaningful when adapting to the sensations of therapy. You are in control! If you absolutely need to remove the mask and pause without it, you can if you absolutely need to. Otherwise, it's like figuring out the rhythm and moving with it.

This will get better and we will succeed. Better days ahead, with Unicorns, so keep believing. The good people here will give us te knowledge and tools.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, a lot, LuminousOne, very happy it seems to work for you, very happy for your progress, and I feel your tips are very valid. I´m trying to take a "step back" a bit. Will not post as much until I get to your stage, for now, based on yours and several others replies, either beginners or people sharing their beginner struggles, I´m starting to better realize, and categorize my struggles in two buckets, general stuff hindering me (it's a lot) and CPAP specific. It all tends to swirl together creating a lot of hindrance even getting to step one, but I hope to figure it out, very soon, but i truly believe and trust the people here (I have severe trust issues). I think because I have had such poor experience with other forums related to other conditions, I kind of have some unconscious residual problem taking things in, fully, but the last couple of days I have learned a lot, and I have accepted I might have even more struggles than most, but... I will not give up. I´m very, and i mean to an extreme point, in a very beating myself up stage (for a lot of things), which i think most replying have detected, but im, very slowly, trying to deal with that. I wish i was not, but I have to fiddle with this affliction to work with getting things started. I have a tendency to get stuck in theorising stages, kind of subconsciously "fooling" myself I need to know and understand all, or a lot, when in fact, this is not a feasible approach. I have, and will, repeatedly read all the practical getting started tips in the replies, until I just do them. Then i will report back more. 

When you mentioned the panic at titration study (funny as 40Plus also shares, nothing like that happens in our country). I realize I thought it was all about resistance exhaling, never thought maybe 4 pressure also did not give enough air (being 6,2, 270 pounds, I guess this would definitely be my case also). Well, all the tips of actually trying to sit with mask on, with pressure (settings based on tips here, I have that figured out, good starting settings etc.) while watching something, avake etc. that's where I will start, and we will see. Once I actually manage to start something, it will get better, I'm sure. 

Again, thanks all for sharing your experiences, it really makes a huge difference for me believing I just might be able to get this going, very soon.[url=https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/User-LuminousOne][/url]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  S-mode ovmeadows 4 235 09-19-2024, 08:48 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  MODE Question Big Guy 13 613 07-13-2024, 05:41 AM
Last Post: Narcil
  Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset - Failure Mode? mcman56 3 369 07-09-2024, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Rickyricardo
  Resmed Aircurve 10 S mode to Vauto ischua 5 575 06-23-2024, 04:18 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Wrong machine? AirCurve 11 - can it do S/T mode? timmytoo 9 697 05-26-2024, 10:38 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Does Aircurve 10 Vauto record events and flow limits during ramp mode? SingleH 3 384 04-19-2024, 09:12 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  [Pressure] Sefam S Box APAP mode sudden failure Helentw 3 506 04-07-2024, 07:59 AM
Last Post: Helentw

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.