Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Looking for advice, CPAP for almost 2 years and still tired
Looking for advice, CPAP for almost 2 years and still tired
Hey everyone, I've been reading this forum trying to get more information on how I can improve my sleep and was hoping to get some advice with my OSCAR data.
 I got diagnosed with sleep apnea almost exactly two years ago, got my Airsense 11 a few weeks later and have been using it since. AHI for my sleep study was 65, mostly Obstr. Hypopneas. 
Problem is, I'm still constantly exhausted. Dr said my charts all look great and didn't really have any suggestions last time we spoke. I no longer feel like I'm dying when I wake up which is great, but I have no energy, constantly sleepy, grumpy, etc, even though my AHI looks good on its face. 
I used a nasal mask up until 6 months ago when I switched over to the full face to see if it helped. Feels like its helped a little, with the added benefit of less chapped lips in the dry Minnesota winters when I wake up! 
6'2 and 490lbs, working on losing weight but its even more difficult when you are exhausted all the time. Recently got bloodwork done, everything seemed normal, I had low Vitamin D so been taking the supplements for a few months now. 
I grabbed a few screenshots from OSCAR that I'm including, the last 2 nights sleep and 2 from a few weeks back. I had read that turning off EPR could help in some cases so I've tried that for a few nights without success, so including two nights when I had EPR on if that is helpful. I really appreciate any suggestions, thank you in advance and happy holidays!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Looking for advice, CPAP for almost 2 years and still tired
You need to increase your minimum pressure and/or consider re-enabling EPR. Your flow limitations are out of control, these are how your machine rates poorly formed breaths and generally coincide with partial obstructions that can cause your body to react in a handful of ways, none of which are good for your sleep quality. EPR tends to keep these to a minimum.

Keep working on the weight. I know it's easier said than done, but it's important. My brother got up to a weight like that in 2020, being stuck at home so much was not kind to him. He had trouble even mowing his lawn at that weight, but once he started to see actual numbers on his scale again it got easier to keep his body moving and the progress was encouraging. My best advice to you would be to pick something small but concrete, like a nice 10-minute walk every day, and stick with it no matter what. Then, keep adding little things as you are able, and you will build momentum. Best of luck to you.
Look, I'm an engineer, not a doctor! Please don't take my opinion as a substitute for medical advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Looking for advice, CPAP for almost 2 years and still tired
Good to know! I will give that a shot, appreciate it
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  oscar advice deepsouthmike 4 106 09-14-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: deepsouthmike
  Need Advice -- Having A Lot of Issues npolite 3 134 09-13-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: npolite
  transitional/sleep onset apneas after years of PAP gaspsalot 7 304 09-12-2024, 06:46 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  1 year on CPAP, still tired all the time joelin02 5 447 09-10-2024, 06:39 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  23 yr old W/ Good AHI - Still tired and foggy daytong 7 345 09-05-2024, 09:05 PM
Last Post: daytong
  [CPAP] New CPAP user looking for optimization advice rococo.orchid 6 265 09-04-2024, 10:40 PM
Last Post: PlayerTwo
  Tired Again Brennie 16 813 09-04-2024, 08:23 AM
Last Post: Brennie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.