Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Looking for CPAP help
Gross 
Looking for CPAP help
Hello! 

I initially suspected apnoea in August last year due to daytime fatigue and did an at home sleep test which suggested an AHI of 14.2.

After that, I lost around 10kg (which was 10% of my bodyweight) to see if weight loss would provide any relief. In early April this year I did a different at home sleep test which suggested an AHI of 15.1. 

Initially, I rented a CPAP machine early this year but did not have much success tolerating it. In early May I started CPAP through the NHS and had much more success - I am tolerating the machine and mask fine. I have no difficulty falling asleep, and generally sleep through the night without conscious arousals. 

I started with an F&P Brevida mask (with AirSense 10), I was mouth taping after I discovered my mouth was falling open and I was venting air, mouth taping with the nasal mask was fine, occasionally I would awake to chipmunk cheeks. 

Since early July I have switched to an AirFit F20, I have had no difficulties with this mask and prefer it to mouth taping every night.

I have had a pretty much solid 3 month block of tolerating treatment without issue but have found no improvement in my daytime fatigue.
So, I am looking for any insights you can discover from my OSCAR data that could improve my outcome.

I have attached OSCAR screenshots from my nasal mask period:

A few nights ago:

And last night:

Thanks for your time.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Looking for CPAP help
Did your sleep test show any central apneas?   If not, have you tried running your machine in CPAP mode only?  For some of us the continual up and down pressure changes in APAP mode can cause arousals.  If you want to try CPAP mode I would set your pressure at 8cm to start and see how you feel.  I would also leave the EPR off to begin with as it can cause CA's.  
I am not an expert...just a long time user.
Post Reply Post Reply
First study showed 9/110 events were central. Second study doesn't give a breakdown. I haven't tried it in CPAP mode, but I'm happy to give anything a shot at this point, thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
This all looks very good. You can see your pressure is increasing during your REM periods but it is controlling everything well without needing to increase very high.
What about supplements and medications? Maybe need a daytime study for narcolepsy?
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.