Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Could use some knowledgeable info
Could use some knowledgeable info
I wrote here previously when I went to get my cpap machine once again.   Once again lots of life things happened and it fell by the way side.    I am ready to get back using it though and have been for the past few nights.   However, I have gained some weight since I last saw the doc.     Now, its telling me I and getting 77 interruptions per hour.   
I was hoping someone could suggest what I change my pressure to to see if i can fiddle with this without having to go back into the sleep center for another night.  

I turned off the ramp time to see what that will do for me, Currently the pressure is set to 9 when i go into the clinical menu.  How much more should I increase it based on you and others experiences?

TIA

Murf
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Could use some knowledgeable info
It would help to downlaod sleepyhead and use imgur to post it . You will get more help this way.
Post Reply Post Reply
I do not think my machine supports that?

(Oh I see, ill have to get a card reader first.)
Post Reply Post Reply
If it is a plain CPAP machine, it isn’t fully data-capable.
Hang in there for more answers to your question
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-17-2017, 04:05 PM)Murf Wrote: I wrote here previously when I went to get my cpap machine once again.   Once again lots of life things happened and it fell by the way side.    I am ready to get back using it though and have been for the past few nights.   However, I have gained some weight since I last saw the doc.     Now, its telling me I and getting 77 interruptions per hour.   
I was hoping someone could suggest what I change my pressure to to see if i can fiddle with this without having to go back into the sleep center for another night.  

I turned off the ramp time to see what that will do for me, Currently the pressure is set to 9 when i go into the clinical menu.  How much more should I increase it based on you and others experiences?

TIA

Murf

You were last here in 2015 and knew at that time that you were given a "brick".
So what has changed in the last two years?

Did you have another sleep study?

Is this the same machine or did you get an upgrade? We really need to know what machine you have.

At an AHI of 77, and not being able to see data, it would be pretty hard to advise. It's also probable you have Central Apnea. If so, raising pressure would make your situation worse.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is this the machine that you have.
  • ResMed AirSense™ 10 CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ (37015, 37203) (Lack of full data capability)

What you want is one of these
  • ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet (best choice) (E0601) (Fixed CPAP, Auto CPAP)
  • ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her (best choice) (E0601) (Fixed CPAP, Auto CPAP)
  • ResMed AirSense™ 10 Elite CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier (37205) (E0601) (Fixed CPAP)
Post Reply Post Reply
I suspect that you have the Airsense 10 CPAP which does not provide data. I am concerned that your event rate is the reslt of central sleep apnea which CPAP cannot treat. This combination of problem has led you to fail previous CPAP attempts, and I don't see how you are benefiting at all with an AHI of 77.

There is a good reason you have not tolerated CPAP therapy. You have the wrong machine to treat your condition. It is important that you let your doctor know that you have this very severe event rate even with CPAP use. You will need a new sleep study to determine what is going on and probably to get an ASV. Whatever you do, keep in touch here so you don't get run-around or the wrong machine again.

Meanwhile, set your machine to a pressure of 5 or 6 with no EPR (exhale pressure relief) and see of the event rate is reduced or increased. If it goes down with lower pressure, your problem is almost certainly central or complex sleep apnea.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes same machine, I was not able to (afford) get a diff one at the time, and at the time, it worked great, my AHI during those times was down significantly.

I will lower the pressure as suggested and see what happens.

Thank you.

(Also , form what I recall of the last sleep study, they ruled out central/complex apnea. I recall him talking about it and how it required a diff machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Murf, it is always a very good idea to obtain the sleep study reports and any recommendations for your personal file. It's worth taking time to request those and put them in a safe place for later. They can make the difference in whether you are required to take additional studies in the future and protects you against the files being lost, archived or the business folding or retiring. If you had the report, we could look at the specifics. I can't begin to count the number of members on this forum whose doctor diagnosed "obstructive sleep apnea" when the study results clearly showed otherwise. It is a routine occurrence here.

Good luck let me know how the lower pressure works out.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DreamStation cellular modem (info on troubleshooting 1-0 error code) soyjer 2 213 09-01-2024, 01:46 PM
Last Post: soyjer
  DreamStation Go Recall [consolidated replacement & compensation info & questions] PHXSleeper 140 24,313 06-27-2024, 05:41 PM
Last Post: Tampa Jim
  [Treatment] OSCAR data showing concerning info? Hypop686 11 569 05-22-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 14 795 04-13-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: chronic
  Resvent iBreeze APAP and BiPAP info TechieHippie 2 696 02-04-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Do Doctors Even Have Access to Flow Limits Info? paulag1955 16 979 01-17-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: dataq1
Question Please Review My Data (Oximeter Info Included) — Still Tired Despite "Good" Treatment avhenry 16 2,531 12-04-2023, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Dormeo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.