Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DreamStation cellular modem (info on troubleshooting 1-0 error code)
DreamStation cellular modem (info on troubleshooting 1-0 error code)
In response to recent intermittent DreamStation cellular modem connection failures (code 1-0), I spent some time on the phone with Philips Respironics software support, and wanted to share what I learned [NOTE: I realize that many doctors/sleep labs don't regularly monitor these cellular modem uploads, but just in case you are lucky enough to have a provider that DOES, here is how it works]:

BASICS:
The DreamStation cellular modem normally communicates (via a cell provider) daily with your DME, and then the DME transmits that data to your doctor or sleep lab AND ALSO to DreamMapper, where it can be viewed by the patient either through the DreamMapper app or through the DreamMapper website ( https://www.mydreammapper.com/ ). [NOTE: You can also transmit the above data to DreamMapper via Bluetooth, but although you can view it through either through the DreamMapper app or through the DreamMapper website, I do NOT believe that this makes the data available to the DME in the same useable form as the cellular modem method, above (or the SD Card method)].

The above DME data does NOT contain waveform data...waveform data can only be accessed via SD Card, and only for the periods when the SD Card was actually physically installed in the machine...waveform data is NOT stored in the machine itself, and therefore is permanently lost for any period during which an SDCard is NOT installed. OSCAR or similar software can be used by a patient to view this SD Card waveform data on their computer.

To thoroughly verify that your modem is successfully communicating with your DME:
1.) Perform a manual cellular modem upload, and verify that it is successful, AND
2.) Refrain from using Bluetooth to transfer data to your DreamMapper app for ~48 hours, and then log into the DreamMapper website on your computer and see if the data has updated at all since you stopped doing Bluetooth transfers. If so, the only way that it could have happened is if the data was FIRST transmitted successfully via your cellular modem to your DME, and THEN from your DME to DreamMapper.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AUGUST 2024 VERIZON SITUATION: DreamStation’s cellular modems - connection failures due to Verizon suspending permission:

I have experienced intermittent DreamStation cellular modem failures with error code 1-0 during my first 60 days of usage, and so I called Philips Respironics at 800-345-6443, and they explained that Verizon has recently been inexplicably intermittently “suspending permissions” of some or all patients’ cellular modems.

Philips Respironics was able to remotely restore permissions for my modem using the serial number, and they said that they are working on a global software fix for this problem.

If a DME or sleep lab suddenly stops receiving automatic cellular uploads from a patient whose modem normally connects via Verizon, and manual cellular uploads yield error code 1-0, and uploads were previously consistently successful, and no DME or sleep lab settings have been changed, then the above “Verizon suspending permission” is probably the reason for the cellular modem’s failure to upload.

The solution is for the DME/patient to call Philips Respironics at 800-345-6443, ask for “software support”, and have them remotely restore permissions using the cellular modem’s serial number (entire machine must be briefly unplugged, then plugged back in, to complete the restoration), OR…if there is no hurry…Philips Respironics is working on a global software fix for this problem.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DreamStation cellular modem (info on troubleshooting 1-0 error code)
UPDATE: IDEALLY, THIS IS HOW IT IS SUPPOSED TO WORK, BUT TRIAL AND ERROR HAS TAUGHT ME THAT SOME OF THIS IS STILL UNCLEAR, AND DME'S CANNOT BE 100% DEPENDED UPON TO UPDATE ANYTHING, SO I HAVE ENTERED CAUTIONARY NOTES IN ALL CAPS:

In response to recent intermittent DreamStation cellular modem connection failures (code 1-0), I spent some time on the phone with Philips Respironics software support, and wanted to share what I learned [NOTE: I realize that many doctors/sleep labs don't regularly monitor these cellular modem uploads, but just in case you are lucky enough to have a provider that DOES, here is how it works]:

BASICS:
The DreamStation cellular modem normally communicates (via a cell provider) daily with your DME, and then the DME [IDEALLY] transmits that data to your doctor or sleep lab AND ALSO [IDEALLY] to DreamMapper, where it can be viewed by the patient either through the DreamMapper app or through the DreamMapper website ( https://www.mydreammapper.com/ ). [NOTE: You can also transmit the above data to DreamMapper via Bluetooth, but although you can view it through either through the DreamMapper app or through the DreamMapper website, I do NOT believe that this makes the data available to the DME in the same useable form as the cellular modem method, above (or the SD Card method)].

The above DME data [SUPPOSEDLY] does NOT contain waveform data...waveform data can only be accessed via SD Card, and only for the periods when the SD Card was actually physically installed in the machine...waveform data [SUPPOSEDLY] is NOT stored in the machine itself, and therefore is permanently lost for any period during which an SDCard is NOT installed. OSCAR or similar software can be used by a patient to view this SD Card waveform data on their computer.

To thoroughly verify that your modem is successfully communicating with your DME:
1.) Perform a manual cellular modem upload, and verify that it is successful, AND
2.) Refrain from using Bluetooth to transfer data to your DreamMapper app for ~48 hours, and then log into the DreamMapper website on your computer and see if the data has updated at all since you stopped doing Bluetooth transfers. If so, the only way that it could have happened is if the data was FIRST transmitted successfully via your cellular modem to your DME, and THEN from your DME to DreamMapper. Note that if the data doesn't appear, it doesn't necessarily mean that your modem isn't working, because it could be just that although your DME received the data, the DME just hasn't updated DreamMapper with the new data.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AUGUST 2024 VERIZON SITUATION: DreamStation’s cellular modems - connection failures due to Verizon suspending permission:

I have experienced intermittent DreamStation cellular modem failures with error code 1-0 during my first 60 days of usage, and so I called Philips Respironics at 800-345-6443, and they explained that Verizon has recently been inexplicably intermittently “suspending permissions” of some or all patients’ cellular modems.

Philips Respironics was able to remotely restore permissions for my modem using the serial number, and they said that they are working on a global software fix for this problem.

If a DME or sleep lab suddenly stops receiving automatic cellular uploads from a patient whose modem normally connects via Verizon, and manual cellular uploads yield error code 1-0, and uploads were previously consistently successful, and no DME or sleep lab settings have been changed, then the above “Verizon suspending permission” is probably the reason for the cellular modem’s failure to upload.

The solution is for the DME/patient to call Philips Respironics at 800-345-6443, ask for “software support”, and have them remotely restore permissions using the cellular modem’s serial number (entire machine must be briefly unplugged, then plugged back in, to complete the restoration), OR…if there is no hurry…Philips Respironics is working on a global software fix for this problem.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DreamStation cellular modem (info on troubleshooting 1-0 error code)
UPDATE: EDIT/DELETE option is timed out, so just ignore everything above the Verizon info at the bottom.
The info above that was given to me by Philips Respironics, and trial and error tells me that none of that info is reliable.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  React Luna G3 - Error 85 SMWinnie 0 35 Yesterday, 10:50 AM
Last Post: SMWinnie
  Error Message GUI Lib Invalid from Dreamstation 2 amybinaz 0 135 08-27-2024, 10:24 AM
Last Post: amybinaz
  Resetting the motor error message on a ResMed 10 stagebuilder 7 1,058 08-15-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: chronic
Surprised Resmed Autosense 10 Auto set, error 006 ccryder 6 27,900 07-28-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
Information Oximeter (eg O2Ring) - Fix Time Error - So Simple! DavidEsp 7 1,253 07-24-2024, 03:30 PM
Last Post: jaguarman9991
  Is a DreamStation Cellular Modem capable of retrieving... soyjer 1 181 07-12-2024, 07:33 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  DreamStation Go Recall [consolidated replacement & compensation info & questions] PHXSleeper 140 24,435 06-27-2024, 05:41 PM
Last Post: Tampa Jim

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.