Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resetting the motor error message on a ResMed 10
Resetting the motor error message on a ResMed 10
Hello All,

I have a ResMed 10 that started to give me the "Motor has exceeded its life expectancy", fortunately my insurance sees this as a broken item, eligible for a replacement. So now I have a ResMed 11 as my main unit. I did some research and found that chancing the motor on the ResMed 10 isn't difficult, and I've ordered a new motor so I could have a second CPAP as a backup.  My question is does anyone know how you reset the Motor Error message? Do I need to completely erase the data from the CPAP to do this? I'd rather not lose all my data and settings.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resetting the motor error message on a ResMed 10
stagebuilder;
The only way to reset the total hours and motor life warning 
is to send it to a factory authorized service center ..
Supplier 28 on the list can and there are others listed ..
But they may want to do the work also .. 
I believe they recalibrate sensors and other work before they
reset a machine ..
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Also the odds of it just quitting outright at the limit when the error appears are nil so I'd not be in any great rush to change the blower motor because it could last for 5 years more.
Post Reply Post Reply
Per my supplier, they said the motor would probably last another 1 1/2 years before completely dying. 

I just want this unit as a back up, and there’s nothing worse than your CPAP not working in the middle of the night.
Post Reply Post Reply
I’ve been using a ResMed S9 CPAP for around 10 years and it’s had that message on it for over a year now, but she’s still tickin’ along quite nicely, for what it’s worth.
Post Reply Post Reply
This would be annoying. I take my unit, RESMED 10, apart at least once a year for an internal cleaning. It is never very dirty (I change filters on a regular basis - I make my own - I am a cheap bastard but they are easy to make - and I have an airflow meter to test them for proper airflow before using.) I also clean all connections etc. It looks like new both internal and external. Same with tube and mask. Only thing I get new every so often is the mask assembly. I find the straps wear and lose their hold over time. (Could be from the washing as well).

But to not be able to reset the machine is annoying. I am going to pull it apart again and examine the interface and see if I can make and code my own device to control the machine and do the reset.

Since I also test the motor for output, voltage/current draw etc. I doubt it will fail anytime soon. I use measurements from when I took it apart the first time. 8 months after I bought it as my baseline. It has changed by only 1 percent and this can be due to many factors. (It is now 5 years old)

But to have an error come up due to time not actual condition will be annoying. (It is like in my car - I send oil in every 3rd oil change for analysis and do not rely on the idiot light/warning in the car to change the oil. I go by time driven, distance and conditions driven under.

I can see where RESMED sees the opportunity to generate revenue by putting up fake failure info. (I do not have supplemental health insurance).
Post Reply Post Reply
I like that comment cause I am a "cheap bastard" too.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DreamStation cellular modem (info on troubleshooting 1-0 error code) soyjer 2 203 09-01-2024, 01:46 PM
Last Post: soyjer
  Error Message GUI Lib Invalid from Dreamstation 2 amybinaz 0 104 08-27-2024, 10:24 AM
Last Post: amybinaz
  Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV Motor Life Exceeded message Sterling147 24 1,156 08-02-2024, 05:50 PM
Last Post: Sterling147
Surprised Resmed Autosense 10 Auto set, error 006 ccryder 6 27,835 07-28-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
Information Oximeter (eg O2Ring) - Fix Time Error - So Simple! DavidEsp 7 1,218 07-24-2024, 03:30 PM
Last Post: jaguarman9991
  Air Curve 10 ASV Exceeded Motor Life Expectency Message - The final saga Sterling147 0 225 07-15-2024, 09:30 PM
Last Post: Sterling147
  [CPAP] ResMed A10 Run Hours for Motor Life Exceeded Sleepster 9 554 06-19-2024, 06:48 PM
Last Post: Sleepster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.