Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Couple months in.. how does it look? Any recommendations?
Couple months in.. how does it look? Any recommendations?
These are from 9/12 which was the last one I could find that looked goot do me:

This is from 9/19 with major leaks.. time to shave I guess.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Couple months in.. how does it look? Any recommendations?
I suspect you have "positional apnea", info of which you can search for here, but essentially a load of people find that wearing a cervical collar (or similar) when sleeping prevents "chin tuck" which helps keep the flow limits right down.
Post Reply Post Reply
May I ask what graph are you looking to get to that conclusion?

Not saying you aare wrong, just want to learn to interpret them graphs.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't see any positional apnea.  That shows on the graphs when obstructive apneas or hypopneas show up clustered together.  It's not happening here.

You do have high flow limits.  If you have not already done so, turn EPR on, and set it at 3.  This will make your breathing easier, and as flow limits are short duration apneas, we want to lower them.

Since you are bumping up against 20, if you are using EPR 3 already, it may indicate that you need a different type of machine.  Let us know.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
What I really don't like about using EPR is that the mask will "sink" on my face while exhaling.

It's a weird feeling having te mas moving up and down when breathing. Any suggestion for that?

Also, those min/max pressures where "guesstimates" I set a while ago and went with them.. do they look ok or should I change any of them?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Diagnosis] On CPAP for 3 months and still exhausted please HELP!! Willrule88 8 293 09-17-2024, 07:18 PM
Last Post: alemon
  Months of CPAP use and feeling more fatigued senseisaitama 4 191 09-15-2024, 11:43 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Therapy recommendations appreciated Officialdee 5 269 09-09-2024, 07:31 PM
Last Post: Officialdee
  [CPAP] 8 months in and could still use help papjourney 1 141 09-08-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Using CPAP for 5 months, still struggling abzcpap24 4 318 08-23-2024, 05:07 PM
Last Post: abzcpap24
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 71 5,461 08-22-2024, 07:33 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  9 months in with no meaningful change johnald 7 351 08-17-2024, 08:34 PM
Last Post: johnald

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.