Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Daytime sleepiness
Daytime sleepiness
Hi all, new member.
I have successfully used a cpap/bipap since 1993.
4 months ago I was prescribed a new unit 
ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto.
I use a nasal mask, and a  humidifier with a heated hose.
I am comfortable with all of it and have slept well from the beginning.
I usually sleep 7-8 hours.
My weight and current health condition is about the same as when I started with the new unit.
Starting about 2 weeks ago I’ve been having daytime sleepiness hit me mid to late afternoon or early evening to the point I fall asleep in my recliner.
The kind of sleepiness I had before being diagnosed with sleep apnea.
It hits me pretty hard and there’s no fighting falling asleep unless I get up and move around. If I do get up, I’m miserably sleepy.
My setting is 16/22.
I can’t get in to see my doctor for another week.
I’m wondering if changing the settings might be the answer but I don’t know know what new setting numbers  to try.
I do have a blood oxygen meter.
I have been getting morning reading numbers of around 92-93 but normally I run around 96-97.
I do know I’m getting into REM sleep because I have pretty detailed, vivid dreams most nights.
I feel normal physically, nothing has changed in that area.
I would appreciate any suggestions on possible adjustments of my settings.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Help with ASV OSCAR data? Persisting Daytime Fatigue Despite 0 AHI LennySleeps 3 253 09-04-2024, 01:20 AM
Last Post: LennySleeps
  Daytime events huge spike liz0859 4 369 04-24-2024, 07:56 PM
Last Post: liz0859
  What are your thoughts on dental Daytime Nightime Appliances (DNA)? NoddingHacker 13 3,384 01-24-2024, 05:55 PM
Last Post: Msevcsisin
  [Treatment] Excessive Sleepiness Despite "Good" Data. Advice Wanted iamverysleepy 2 894 10-19-2023, 05:59 PM
Last Post: iamverysleepy
  Low daytime SPO2 and fatigue vpsdub 30 3,886 09-28-2023, 01:49 AM
Last Post: vpsdub
  andielv's Therapy Thread - Daytime Drowsiness andielv 5 800 07-18-2023, 08:30 PM
Last Post: andielv
  Daytime fatigue w/ lower AHI, higher number of CA quartet3424 6 1,313 07-17-2023, 11:22 AM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.