Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Determining true CSRs on AirCurve VAuto
Determining true CSRs on AirCurve VAuto
I recently switched from using AirSense10 AutoSet - to - AirCurve VAuto. I've been wondering why I haven't seen any CSRs reported since I've had the AirCurve for almost a month. After last night, however, I assume the AirCurve10, unlike the AirSense10, does not report CSRs/PBs.

Up until last night on the AirCurve, I've had AHIs mostly under 1 (max 1.75), with periodic breathing scattered throughout (usually NOT with events) due to my Persistent AFIB which is only rate controlled. (Zooming in on the breaths, all or almost all of the reported events were preceded by SWJ, so the true AHI has been closer to zero.)

Last night, for the first time, I had an AHI reported as 3.91 with a block of what looks like CSRs between 5:40-6:30am consisting of sinusoidal breaths with CAs at the nadirs. Involved were about 20 CAs & 4 OAs/CAs?. (It was during Core Sleep, NOT REM per my Apple Watch). Note: With the AirSense10 I was seeing reported CSRs looking like this about 8-9 X monthly.)

What should I make of this? Having AFIB, do I need to be concerned as long as this doesn't occur on a regular basis: what-looks-like-CSRs with lots of associated sinusoidal CAs at the nadirs? (In contrast, the "usual" periodic breathing that I see "nightly" is scattered throughout the night, but NOT associated with events . . . and I attribute this to the AFIB which is documented in the medical literature as going hand-in-hand with Sleep Apnea.)

By the way, even though I'm not needing much PS, I find that with my new bilevel (trigger at high), I'm getting much lower AHIs with my AirCurve settings as I did when using the AirSense10.

Thanks, in advance, for any insights into these occasional CSR-looking blocks in my reports on the AirCurve VAuto.

Joy

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Determining true CSRs on AirCurve VAuto
Let’s see a 2-3 minute zoom on the CA’s that look like CSR’s. Difficult to tell from the wider view.

CPAP machines cannot determine a true CSR, as that is the brain not telling the body to breathe. Most events flagged as CSR are periodic breathing. In your case with heart issues it is possibly a true CSR, but those with experience will want to see a better zoomed image to review.

https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph..._Breathing
Post Reply Post Reply
The second screen shot in my reply above shows the sinusoidal breaths with CAs at the nadir. I used this shot to show the beginning and end of the PB. More zooming would really not add any more needed info., only a closer view of the sinusoidal breaths.

However, below are two increasingly zoomed in attachments . . .

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for posting the close up Joy.  Like PeaceLoveAndPizza said, most CSR flagged are false.  Yours do look like the real thing here with the sinusoidal pattern.  The good thing is that it lasts for a very quick short period of time.  Most people with CSR have bouts like this all night long for long periods of time.  

A good plan IMO would be to show these chart to your PCP (and Cardiologist and/or Pulmonologist if you have them).  They could then advise on the next steps to take if this is indeed real CSR.
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Mod Note] Are There Any Aircurve 11 ST ot ST-A Users? Crimson Nape 2 87 2 hours ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Adding a true HEPA filter to APAP for california wild fire smoke Stom 29 7,070 Yesterday, 07:07 AM
Last Post: Zombie on my Lawn
  Resmed Aircurve 10 VAUTO turning itself off and on throughout the night?? 17WRX 4 140 09-29-2024, 06:41 PM
Last Post: 17WRX
  acquired an aircurve vauto 10/self titrating eok361 9 399 09-26-2024, 07:41 AM
Last Post: eok361
  How should I set up my AirCurve 10 Vauto Josephkpc 14 554 09-25-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  AHI very high after switching from Dreamstation to Aircurve 10 mu50256 16 798 09-23-2024, 03:11 AM
Last Post: mu50256
  Aircurve 10 ASV kbjames 5 265 09-21-2024, 09:49 AM
Last Post: kbjames

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.