Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] I need some help. I don't feel rested.
Sad 
I need some help. I don't feel rested.
I tarted treatment about 6-8 months ago. I kept thinking I would start to feel better after a period of time, but it just doesn't seem to be happening. My average AHI is around 2. I wake up completely exhausted still. I don't have a sleep doctor and essentially took on all the responsibility after having my test done. From here I've been trying to learn to read the OSCAR data and adjust the machine for best results. But I'm just not figuring this out.

Can anyone offer some advice on how I can improve things?

Or is it possible CPAP is doing its job and I'm just a bad sleeper? What are the next steps in that case?

Thanks!!!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I need some help. I don't feel rested.
we have very similar looking charts. I am following this post.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am a proponent of using EPR to limit flow limits.  But you are having quite a few centrals and EPR can cause some treatment emergent centrals.  I would turn the EPR down to 1 and see if it makes a difference.  I would also try to move it back up as you become use to the treatment.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi! Check out this video on leak rate: https://youtu.be/FtRWhOgfY2A?si=GuYGIkVt_LPjibII
CPAP Friend and others have lots of informative videos that are worth looking into. This one is a look at individual breaths in Oscar: https://youtu.be/XVscmoOW29U?si=UZtu3GDnw0Ackh-I
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP - API Under 1 but still don't feel great ttsoldier 10 331 10-22-2024, 06:42 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Consistently 0 AHI, but feel the same? r4robin 3 291 10-06-2024, 06:08 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Help - not feeling rested in the morning! jc1996 3 283 10-05-2024, 09:22 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  I feel guilty......... Big Guy 2 379 09-02-2024, 11:53 AM
Last Post: Big Guy
Gross [Symptoms] Does Sleep Apnea Patients feel Worse in 2nd Half of the day? raulmalik 14 665 08-14-2024, 10:29 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  What did aerophagia feel like for you? Cape67 3 284 08-08-2024, 10:53 AM
Last Post: Cape67
  Help….starting to feel tired again Internetstranger 9 424 07-31-2024, 07:49 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.