Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] Very high amounts of periodic breathing / CSR ?
RE: Very high amounts of periodic breathing / CSR ?
This is really encouraging. Stick with these settings for a while and see how it goes.

The pattern in the second zoomed-in view isn't at all CSR-ish. It also looks to me as though you weren't really asleep during that interval. The deeper breathing that comes before each CA has (to my eye) the appearance of arousal breathing.

I wonder whether you'd benefit from trying a weighted blanket. For some people, they cut down on tossing and turning during the night. Of course it's hard to say what's cause and what's effect, but if you can afford to try one, it might be a good experiment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(Yesterday, 11:38 AM)Jay51 Wrote: Just curious, did your sleep study show a lot of PLM's (Periodic Limb Movements)?  PLM's can cause significant arousals.

Hi Jay51.
My titration sleep study a couple weeks ago had a PLMS index of 7.0 with 34 total, and a PLMS with arousals index of 3.7 with 18 total.  This study was horrible though, I didn't feel like I slept at all and was very uncomfortable due to the high pressure I was getting.
My diagnostic sleep study 4 years ago had an index of 7.4 with 46 total, and a PLMS with arousals index of 0.2 with only 1 total.

My overall arousals index was 46.6 for the titration and 31.7 (198) for the diagnostic sleep study.  These are really high!  If I could only find out why.
Post Reply Post Reply
(Yesterday, 11:39 AM)Dormeo Wrote: This is really encouraging.  Stick with these settings for a while and see how it goes.

The pattern in the second zoomed-in view isn't at all CSR-ish.  It also looks to me as though you weren't really asleep during that interval.  The deeper breathing that comes before each CA has (to my eye) the appearance of arousal breathing.

I wonder whether you'd benefit from trying a weighted blanket.  For some people, they cut down on tossing and turning during the night.  Of course it's hard to say what's cause and what's effect, but if you can afford to try one, it might be a good experiment.

Thanks Dormeo.  I'm very encouraged, I sure hope it's repeatable.  I'm going to stick with these settings and cross my fingers.  I tried a weighted blanket once and wasn't able to get comfortable with the weight on me....that was a while ago though, maybe I should try again.  It is always very difficult for me to get comfortable in bed.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dr.'s can prescribe medications to help stop PML's also.  It would probably be worth it to mention this during your next appointment.
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply
(Yesterday, 04:25 PM)Jay51 Wrote: Dr.'s can prescribe medications to help stop PML's also.  It would probably be worth it to mention this during your next appointment.

Thanks.  I did recently get a prescription for gabapentin.  My sleep doctor thinks this is worth a try.  I'm holding off on this until after I get my diagnostic sleep study.  I'm not sure how the sleep study I did accurately tracks this - they put a sensor on each leg but nothing on my arms.  Most of my movement when I fast forward in my video to spots in the night with respiration disturbances have to do with repositioning my head or moving my arm in a better spot (not jerky type of movements, but it's as if I'm awake).
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  APAP- High Pressure Waking Me in the middle of the night HanoverTime 6 218 09-30-2024, 11:57 PM
Last Post: AshSF
  Bad at Breathing Haldir 36 1,421 09-27-2024, 11:03 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  High Apnea for two hours Martyapnea 2 143 09-25-2024, 09:18 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [CPAP] AHI suddenly high as well as PB and variable breathing tresero 5 235 09-24-2024, 09:56 AM
Last Post: tresero
  AHI very high after switching from Dreamstation to Aircurve 10 mu50256 16 796 09-23-2024, 03:11 AM
Last Post: mu50256
  [CPAP] Newbie to OSCAR - why mask leakage rate is so high thanh.oz 1 155 09-22-2024, 06:37 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Optimizing CPAP - high pressures adlondon 3 289 09-13-2024, 03:15 PM
Last Post: georgesadam

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.