Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Directly edit Oscar Data
Question 
Directly edit Oscar Data
I am using OSCAR with Resmed machine but I am also importing o2 information. One of my Spo2 files glitched as I was taking it off my finger and recorded a heart rate of 255. This is messing up my reports. I need to either edit the data in OSCARs database directly or perhaps find the offending Spo2 file and edit it and reimport Assuming that will clobber the glitch. I really don't want to nuke all the O2 data in OSCAR to correct this problem. I am reasonably tech savvy and in another life I did some sql although I am a little rusty now. If someone knows the best way to wack-a-mole this glitch it would be appreciated.   I am not even opposed to using a hex editor if that is what is needed. I am unsure if the data is stored as XML or what. Nor do I know where it is stored. I am running on Windows 11 al be it in a VM on my MAC. If someone can point me in the right direction that would be great.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Directly edit Oscar Data
Hi dgconder!  -  Welcome
Since you listed it as a "SpO2" file, I assume that you are using a Contec or its clone oximeter.  It has been 10 years since I last looked at a SpO2 file.  It is a binary file and will involve using a hex editor to modify it.   As far as OSCAR, you can just delete the oximeter's data for that particular day (Data > Advanced > Purge Oximetry Data > Current Day).
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wink 
You are correct about my Contec Oximeter. On closer inspection it appears that this 255 heart rate happens when the battery dies in the oximeter.  It goes from pr of 44 instantly to 255 then stops. I wonder if I could put in an enhancement request for sp software or OSSCAR to toss out data like this. I saw an option in OSCAR that said cleanup oximetry data. But as near as I can tell it did not touch the pulse rate data that came with the oximeter data. Looks like I have several days  to delete if I want to clean it up. I guess I was just trying to be frugal and use low batteries.  I looked at the raw spo2 file a little bit without knowing more about the structure I am hesitant to tamper with it. Thanks for your response. I wonder if OSCAR has some database editing tools?  Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
OSCAR does not have any data editing tools. Having an option like that would destroy its reporting validity. Based on other data files I've reviewed, a 255 (ff hex) entry usually signifies an invalid observation/entry. I need to look at the Contec parser to see how it is written. Its code was from SleepyHead. As far as I am aware, its code has not been touched since OSCAR was first released.

If you want to try removing that 255 entry, copy the data file first and add an identifier as a filename prefix, then edit it.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anybody get the newer O2Ring-S data into OSCAR? Craiggvt 4 133 10-11-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: Craiggvt
  Help! OSCAR imports SD card data only ONE DAY AT A TIME iknownothing 2 156 10-03-2024, 06:06 AM
Last Post: iknownothing
  Export breath by breath data from oscar? lisaistired 0 148 09-27-2024, 10:13 PM
Last Post: lisaistired
  How to get started with Oscar - analysis of data McMartin 0 201 09-26-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: McMartin
  Oscar only shoe summary data BlueSky1958 2 238 09-20-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: BlueSky1958
  uploading data to oscar nachumj 5 429 09-11-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  CMS50F data won't load to OSCAR SpO2Res 14 3,257 08-17-2024, 03:21 PM
Last Post: BetterWorld

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.