Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Anybody get the newer O2Ring-S data into OSCAR?
Anybody get the newer O2Ring-S data into OSCAR?
I bought the o2Ring-s because it has the USB-c charge port, but it doesn't look like it's compatible with OSCAR.

Has anybody gotten it to import?  It looks like it samples every second instead of every 4 seconds. Not sure if that's the reason OSCAR can't import the data.

Any help?  Thanks!

PS. I'm on an M2 mac if that makes a difference.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Anybody get the newer O2Ring-S data into OSCAR?
Hi Craiggvt! - Welcome
As usual, this company can't help but to reinvent the wheel each time they release something new or a software update. To answer your question, yes. A member was kind enough to write the loader for the O2Ring-S's new binary format and provide it for inclusion into OSCAR. It will be in the next release, but you can download and build your own copy of OSCAR now. Here is the link to the OSCAR repository, https://gitlab.com/CrimsonNape/OSCAR-code. Instructions on how to build your own version is in the OSCAR-code/Building/MacOS/BUILD-mac.md
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Crimson Nape!

Thanks so much for the reply!

I tried following your directions, but the Qt 5.12.8 gave me an error because I'm running Sequoia (15.0.1).  It looks like it's expecting an older OS.

Next I tried installing a newer version of Qt, version 6.8.0. I tried following along using the same instructions, but there were some minor differences.  After trying to "make" it, I kept getting an error about an unknown module in Qt: serialport.

So I guess I'll have to wait until the next version is released, unless you have an idea of what I am doing wrong?

Any idea when the next version will be released?

Thanks so much!!
Post Reply Post Reply
If you are trying to build the code with Qt Creator, try using the command line to build it.  Qt Creator turns all warnings and errors on. Also, don't waste your time with Qt6. There are so many things that have to be modified, it will be a nightmare. The code is set up to build under Qt5.5 and later versions of Qt5.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hmm...  It looks like I got it through the qmake process (~/Qt5.12.8/5.12.8/clang_64/bin/qmake ../oscar/oscar.pro)

But when I try the next line (make), I get these errors along with an incomplete or corrupted oscar.app

/Users/user/Qt5.12.8/5.12.8/clang_64/lib/QtCore.framework/Headers/qbytearray.h:545:22: error: definition of implicit copy constructor for 'QByteRef' is deprecated because it has a user-provided copy assignment operator [-Werror,-Wdeprecated-copy-with-user-provided-copy]
  545 |     inline QByteRef &operator=(const QByteRef &c)
      |                      ^
/Users/user/Qt5.12.8/5.12.8/clang_64/lib/QtCore.framework/Headers/qbytearray.h:563:28: note: in implicit copy constructor for 'QByteRef' first required here
  563 | { Q_ASSERT(i >= 0); return QByteRef(*this, i); }
      |                            ^
In file included from ../oscar/SleepLib/crypto.cpp:9:
In file included from ../../Qt5.12.8/5.12.8/clang_64/lib/QtCore.framework/Headers/QDebug:1:
In file included from ../../Qt5.12.8/5.12.8/clang_64/lib/QtCore.framework/Headers/qdebug.h:45:
In file included from /Users/user/Qt5.12.8/5.12.8/clang_64/lib/QtCore.framework/Headers/qhash.h:46:
In file included from /Users/user/Qt5.12.8/5.12.8/clang_64/lib/QtCore.framework/Headers/qlist.h:47:
In file included from /Users/user/Qt5.12.8/5.12.8/clang_64/lib/QtCore.framework/Headers/qhashfunctions.h:44:
/Users/user/Qt5.12.8/5.12.8/clang_64/lib/QtCore.framework/Headers/qstring.h:1063:22: error: definition of implicit copy constructor for 'QCharRef' is deprecated because it has a user-provided copy assignment operator [-Werror,-Wdeprecated-copy-with-user-provided-copy]
 1063 |     inline QCharRef &operator=(const QCharRef &c) { return operator=(QChar©); }
      |                      ^
/Users/user/Qt5.12.8/5.12.8/clang_64/lib/QtCore.framework/Headers/qstring.h:1163:28: note: in implicit copy constructor for 'QCharRef' first required here
 1163 | { Q_ASSERT(i >= 0); return QCharRef(*this, i); }
      |                            ^
In file included from ../oscar/SleepLib/crypto.cpp:9:
In file included from ../../Qt5.12.8/5.12.8/clang_64/lib/QtCore.framework/Headers/QDebug:1:
In file included from ../../Qt5.12.8/5.12.8/clang_64/lib/QtCore.framework/Headers/qdebug.h:49:
In file included from /Users/user/Qt5.12.8/5.12.8/clang_64/lib/QtCore.framework/Headers/qtextstream.h:46:
In file included from /Users/user/Qt5.12.8/5.12.8/clang_64/lib/QtCore.framework/Headers/qlocale.h:43:
/Users/user/Qt5.12.8/5.12.8/clang_64/lib/QtCore.framework/Headers/qvariant.h:399:16: error: definition of implicit copy assignment operator for 'Private' is deprecated because it has a user-provided copy constructor [-Werror,-Wdeprecated-copy-with-user-provided-copy]
  399 |         inline Private(const Private &other) Q_DECL_NOTHROW
      |                ^
/Users/user/Qt5.12.8/5.12.8/clang_64/lib/QtCore.framework/Headers/qvariant.h:273:15: note: in implicit copy assignment operator for 'QVariant:Tonguerivate' first required here
  273 |     { other.d = Private(); }
      |               ^
3 errors generated.
make: *** [crypto.o] Error 1

Do I need to add any modules to Qt?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Directly edit Oscar Data dgconder 3 76 Yesterday, 10:34 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Help! OSCAR imports SD card data only ONE DAY AT A TIME iknownothing 2 156 10-03-2024, 06:06 AM
Last Post: iknownothing
  Export breath by breath data from oscar? lisaistired 0 148 09-27-2024, 10:13 PM
Last Post: lisaistired
  How to get started with Oscar - analysis of data McMartin 0 201 09-26-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: McMartin
  Oscar only shoe summary data BlueSky1958 2 238 09-20-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: BlueSky1958
  uploading data to oscar nachumj 5 429 09-11-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Sync O2Ring and ResMed11? cprstn54 4 250 08-28-2024, 10:03 AM
Last Post: cprstn54

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.