Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Discreet, aesthetically pleasing travel bag
Discreet, aesthetically pleasing travel bag
Hi folks,

I'm a year in to CPAP and thrilled with my sleep these days.

I just took a new job that will have me traveling a decent amount and want to upgrade my travel situation.

My objective is to have a travel bag for my air curve that is aesthetically pleasing, discreet, and has a sleeve to slide onto my carryon bag. As this will often be my third bag due to my laptop bag I only want to store the CPAP, hose, and mask in it so it doesn't count against my baggage allowance

I bought the Thule Subterra 22 boarding bag and really like most of it the problem is that the laptop sleeve adds a ton of bulk and size and it's total overkill.

I aknowledge how functional the resmed bag is but appreciate privacy and don't want to advertise the contents.

Id like to stay below $200 but can be compelled to go a bit higher if absolutely the perfect bag.

Thanks in advance.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Discreet, aesthetically pleasing travel bag
I like Eagle Creek for travel bags. They think of everything. You could also use Eagle Creek cubes to put the various bits of equipment in. They are designed to fit exactly into their luggage. You can generally get Eagle Creek luggage in black, and they look very tidy.

I believe Eagle Creek might even offer a wheelie bag that also has the sleeve to slip over your a wheelie bag handle.

You might also be able to get a past-season Eagle Creek item at a good discount.

You might also find something in REI’s own brand line up, or even Patagonia.

The downside of not using the Resmed bag is that it might be more difficult for airport staff to recognize it as medical equipment and hassle you as a result. You could try getting a bag that the Resmed bag fits inside: I believe there are many models that will do this, and the Aircurve bag isn’t so large as to make this impractical. If it were me, I’d go this route: Resmed bag inside a bag.

Go to Staples and get a capacious briefcase? Patagonia?
Post Reply Post Reply
It might be worth taking a look at the 'Philips PAP Travel Briefcase'. It can do a laptop and PAP machine combined and seems to have a fairly flexible interior space. I've not checked out the exact measurements for Resmed fit though.

https://www.usa.philips.com/healthcare/p...-briefcase
Post Reply Post Reply
spambox925;
I have never had a problem traveling with My AS 11 in the Resmed bag ..
HalfAsleep has a good point about airline recognition .. The Resmed bag
doesn't stand out to Me .. Unless You look closely it looks like a soft brief case
even the Resmed label is muted ..
Post Reply Post Reply
Are you sure half your work team isn't using CPAP? You might want to be discreet about something everyone else has in plain sight?

You really could just toss it in a duffel. But the problem is that the unit likely has to be recognizable to qualify for the exception to carry-on limitation. The qualification is "medical equipment".

Even worse would be if you got to boarding and you had to open your bag and reveal its contents. Any business colleagues would have a good look. That might be super awkward. If it were me, my face would be bright red and I'd be stammering. I'd rather sail through with my sleek Resmed bag: I'm quite sure no one would really care.

Your AHI numbers are likely to be way better than anyone else's on the flight, so there's that....

Also, you might have to use your CPAP on the flight. Alternatively, you might want to tell the airlines you'd need to use the CPAP, since they'll have to give you a seat with an electric socket (which might have other uses to you!), unless they want you to bring along a gigantic battery, which they almost certainly will not.
Post Reply Post Reply
There’s a large online store that sells crafty kinds of things. They have “CPAP travel bags” that likely meet your goal.
Post Reply Post Reply
I went on Amazon and thought this one looked both nice and well-organized.

https://www.amazon.com/CURMIO-Carrying-C...r=8-7&th=1
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
The online store I mentioned is Etsy. They have all kinds of CPAP bags. They even have hot pink ones!
Post Reply Post Reply
I took a peek on Etsy, and there is a seller who makes them in many colors - they look pretty nice and have the strap for attaching to luggage.  There's also a leather one (Romfre leather CPAP travel bag) that looks quite stylish.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] I need help setting up my new travel CPAP 47chrisrodz 1 198 08-29-2024, 11:10 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Anyone travel with backup equipment? SkySleep 5 342 07-13-2024, 01:26 AM
Last Post: Rickyricardo
  DS Go & travel to Germany cate1898 2 326 06-28-2024, 07:29 AM
Last Post: cate1898
  Help with travel CPAP Mitchell 5 356 06-21-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Is there a quiet travel CPAP? mcman56 3 704 05-31-2024, 08:07 AM
Last Post: mcman56
  AirSense 11 travel bag -- mask goes where? cprstn54 6 594 05-29-2024, 10:28 AM
Last Post: cps22
  Experience with Cigna and Travel CPAP Chitlom 0 312 04-30-2024, 07:13 AM
Last Post: Chitlom

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.