Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Do I Still Need Cpap?
RE: Do I Still Need Cpap?
The one thing we cannot tell is what the inpact would be without CPAP.
My best GUESS is 80/20 that you still need CPAP, but please feel free to get a sleep test and prove me wrong.

The most notable feature in this chart with minimum CPAP support is that your Flow Limitations are high. Without CPAP I would expect them to climb even higher. As Stacey points out these are essentially mini hypopneas, events that don't meet the criteria for hypopneas. Many find them to be problematic. You, maybe not since you are looking to stop CPAP. Flow Limits indicate that your body is working harder than normal to breathe.

The choice is yours, but please keep us informed.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-28-2022, 12:54 PM)Gideon Wrote: The one thing we cannot tell is what the inpact would be without CPAP.
My best GUESS is 80/20 that you still need CPAP, but please feel free to get a sleep test and prove me wrong.

The most notable feature in this chart with minimum CPAP support is that your Flow Limitations are high.  Without CPAP I would expect them to climb even higher.  As Stacey points out these are essentially mini hypopneas, events that don't meet the criteria for hypopneas.  Many find them to be problematic.  You, maybe not since you are looking to stop CPAP.  Flow Limits indicate that your body is working harder than normal to breathe.  

The choice is yours, but please keep us informed.
Thanks for the reply and suggestion

Thanks for the information
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-28-2022, 09:37 AM)staceyburke Wrote: Your flow limits are very high and drive up your pressure to the max you have set all night.  Flow limits ARE apnea.  They are not timed while O and H must be 10 sec to record as AHI, so your AHI looks low but again you have a lot of flow limits.  We use EPR to help with Flow Limits.  I can not see your setting.  But I would recommend you try this setting to see if it will help.

Min 8
Max 10
EPR 3

I have adjusted my settings to your suggestion. Thanks

Thank you for the helpful information about Oscar
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.