Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Do I go from Resmed S9 to a 10 or 11?
Do I go from Resmed S9 to a 10 or 11?
I live in the UK and travel globally. Just completed 10 years with a Resmed S9, happy customer, but needs to be replaced. The local UK Resmed say they don't sell or support the Airsense 11 since its modem is not compatible with UK mobile networks. I am reading that apparently there was a stupid Resmed decision made to use cellular/mobile modem to send the data to the server for MyAir, which hit the brick wall with post-COVID chip shortages and global mobile network compatibility.  Why didn't they build it with bluetooth (like in the Mini), or Wifi (which is available in every home and hotel), it's beyond me. I suspect they wanted some revenue stream with a subscription, similar to how Kia or BMW do with the cars (pay a subscription to access map updates, traffic updates, etc, over mobile networks).
Longwinded way to ask my question: Should I go for an Airsense 10 now? Or buy an Airsense 11 from Europe/US, not officially supported in the UK? I see that the 11 is smaller and lighter than the 10. I don't want the CPAP machine and paraphernalia to block half of a air cabin bag. The S9 was fairly small. I see that the 11 has the smaller motor (from the mini), who knows if it's going to last. Also, the 11 is consuming 65W instead of the 90W of the 10. 
Decisions, decisions, decisions.
Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Do I go from Resmed S9 to a 10 or 11?
I would for sure get the 10. It's a better machine.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
How important is to use the MyAir app (in case it cannot connect to the server)? Can I configure the machine directly from the screen or the OSCAR app?
Post Reply Post Reply
You can set your ResMed CPAP on the machine itself. OSCAR is a report tool only. Example of accessing the 10 series, click hold both Home and Dial for about 5 seconds together. Your screen will display the Clinical Menu, where you can change Mode and the various pressure settings, and then Essentials access level.

The 10 series is fine still. It seems others mention it’s quieter than the 11, and has a standard sized blower vs the 11 having the AirMini travel blower.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Resmed UK said they don't stock the 11 because apparently the mobile connection does not work over here. Do I need this? The user guide says to connect the MyAir app through bluetooth. Unless it's bluetooth for pairing only and then all data goes through mobile networks, and they haven't made the necessary contracts with local operators yet.
Would love to hear the experience of anyone using the 11 outside the US.

Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
OSCAR chart with an SD card will show you more info than MyAir. The better detailed data charts can be shared in posts, meaning members will help you with therapy suggestions, and answering questions.

I forgot to comment on the 9 series, I'd skip that. No issues with it, but being physically older it may come with issues. I still would say 10 is the best answer.

If you do get a CPAP and want to use an SD card, it should be a standard SD, any brand is OK, capacity of 2-32 GB, and formatted FAT32.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.