Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

help interpreting data to improve sleep
help interpreting data to improve sleep
Hi all,

Even though my ahi is low, I feel like I'm not sleeping well. Ahead of waking in the morning, I feel like I'm fighting the cpap and sometimes wake with a headache. Some of that might be clenching my jaw, but I don't think all the time. I'd love your help to interpret this recent night's data. It's pretty typical.

Here's a zoomed in segment.

Thanks for your help!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: help interpreting data to improve sleep
Everything except your flow limits look good. Your flow limits are very high. They ARE apnea just like Oa and H events but they are not counted in the AHI. They are shorter and not as much blockage than 0A and H events.

We use EPR (exhale pressure relief) but we need to set it up correctly. First you need to raise the Min to 7. Next Turn on the EPR to full time and lastly set the EPR to 3. You should get a better nights sleep. Keep those settings for a couple of days and get back to us how you are feeling.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you! I appreciate this "mutual aid" board--you all give better advice than checking in with med offices who just say "low ahi, all good."
Post Reply Post Reply
Pressure's definitely too low. I would start there.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Surprised Help Interpreting Oscar data HN2207 13 378 10-04-2024, 07:13 AM
Last Post: HN2207
  Interpreting and Optimizing machine Hsiaower 2 180 10-03-2024, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Dormeo
  [Equipment] Help interpreting CPAP data pinchdoodle 2 224 09-30-2024, 03:16 PM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Hello - Help interpreting my Oscar Data pabsvonmole 2 134 09-29-2024, 08:24 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [CPAP] Help interpreting OSCAR data andersh 0 140 09-15-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: andersh
  [CPAP] How to improve by CPAP numbers Willsta007 3 224 09-15-2024, 09:41 AM
Last Post: Willsta007
  Auroraborealis Sleep Data thread - thoughts on hypoxemia Auroraborealis 10 392 09-11-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.