Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Help interpreting OSCAR data
Help interpreting OSCAR data

Hello everyone,

I would very much appreciate some help with interpreting some OSCAR data from my Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV.  The machine is set to min EPAP 6, max EPAP 14, min IPAP 9, max EPAP 29,  min PS 3, max PS 15 (all in cmH20)

I have for a long time experienced waking up in panic, often several times a night. I believe these episodes are triggered by desaturations. My pulse clock usually records minimum SpO2 around 82%, but occasionally (once a week) around 76%. These episodes are very brief, and the time below 90% is low. The pulse clock does not tell me what time the desaturations happen, so it is possible that the desaturations to 76% happened after I unconsciously take off the mask, which often happens around 04:00. However, the drops to 82% were almost certainly while wearing the mask.   

I believed the episodes with desaturation were due to treatment failure, and tried to convince the hospital to give me a new polysomnography. However, they didn't see any need for that, and questioned the validity of my pulse clock. In their view, if there was a problem, it was most likely due to a mask leak. I tried purchasing a new mask, which helped improve my compliance, but didn't change my night awakenings.  I therefore purchased the oxymetry module for the Aircurve, in the hope that it would make it easier to figure out what is going on.

On most nights, it records a minimum SpO2 of 82%, but these desaturations are usually so brief that they are not even shown in the graph. However, something interesting is going on in one particular night, and I would very much like some thoughts on what is going on starting at 03:26am. Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to OSCAR, need some help understanding my data sleepadventure 9 380 Today, 02:40 AM
Last Post: sleepadventure
  Help analyzing OSCAR data - CA's? alemon 35 1,417 Yesterday, 11:06 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [CPAP] Self treating: Advice for tuning after first night OSCAR data? citrus1 13 415 09-16-2024, 10:25 PM
Last Post: citrus1
  [Treatment] Newbie and oscar data Trasto 5 222 09-14-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  [CPAP] Please help, first time analyzing my oscar data napnea 3 157 09-13-2024, 02:38 PM
Last Post: Old Steve
  Oscar data help yoyoman2024 4 144 09-13-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: yoyoman2024
Question Help w/ Oscar Data (recent mask switch) cpapillon 6 247 09-11-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: quiescence at last

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.