Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Self treating: Advice for tuning after first night OSCAR data?
RE: Self treating: Advice for tuning after first night OSCAR data?
Bit of a setback today. AHI 3.98, and I don't feel as "fresh" waking up today. Slight headache when waking up. 

Pressure 6.4 - 9. No EPR, no ramp.

Had a good initial stretch, then was woken up by my dog. Fell back asleep OK after that, but kept waking up throughout the night. Not sure why.

In the chart, it looks like I could use more pressure, but I don't think I can tolerate it. Maybe raising the min pressure over time would be a better strategy?

I believe the clusters of leaks are from me moving around (back sleeper to side sleeper). 

Finally got my titration study booked for next month!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
You can try adding pressure in whichever way you can tolerate. Hypopnea present indicates more is needed. It may well make mask leaks worse though.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You were right about leaks! Moved pressure min to 7.4 (kept max at 9), and sprang lots of large leaks. 

I’m going to experiment with different pillows and see if that helps, as the leaks seem to spring up when I move from back to side. 

This experience reminds me a bit of the Whack a Mole game
Post Reply Post Reply
Have not been able to improve the large leaks, and still getting a good number of CA and hypopneas. 

I am going to try switching to a full face mask (Phillips Dreamwear) because I believe a lot of my leaks are mouth leaks (they wake me up), even with taping. That should also help my issues with dry mouth.

Will take a short break from CPAP until the new mask comes. I think I can get by with a collar and mouth taping alone for a few days.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to OSCAR, need some help understanding my data sleepadventure 9 359 3 hours ago
Last Post: sleepadventure
  Simulate BiPAP with APAP for more data – Need Advice cyberfiche 3 69 Yesterday, 12:40 PM
Last Post: cyberfiche
  Help analyzing OSCAR data - CA's? alemon 35 1,404 Yesterday, 11:06 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Need some help reading and fine tuning therapy Blubarb 13 408 09-15-2024, 07:29 PM
Last Post: SeePak
  [CPAP] Help interpreting OSCAR data andersh 0 72 09-15-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: andersh
  oscar advice deepsouthmike 4 116 09-14-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: deepsouthmike
  [Treatment] Newbie and oscar data Trasto 5 213 09-14-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Old Steve

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.