Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dr. Dylan Petkus
RE: Dr. Dylan Petkus
Just want to chip in as another fan of Patrick McKeown. I read 2 of his books, currently doing other (basic) breath work to treat my AFib which works quite well (and I have less awakenings during sleep!). After that I will also focus on CO2 tolerance.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-25-2024, 09:10 AM)Per Laursen Wrote: I just checked out Patrick McKeown on youtube, telling about sleep apnea and breathing. He had absolutely nothing to sell, which supports my confidence in his good intentions and the whole idea. I am now convinced so far, that I will continue the breathing excercises, and closely following my results.
I believe this is only the beginning.

Let us share results as we go….

Per in Denmark ???

I think an advantage for a person with something like the Respirate is a timing feed back that is quick and easy to understand and instantly shows ones sucess. 

It's like using a metronome for timing in music. One can certainly not use a metronome and be fine with musical timing. But it can be a tool to guide you.

But any breathing exercise is great. The Respirate in America is $350 USD. Which is a bit much for a breath counter. But as time rolls on and competitors enter the market. Costs will or should come down.
Post Reply Post Reply
I heared a professor said: Humans are habitual animals. We are very good at adapting, but when we are getting used to something, the brain have learned some new patterns, and then we can develope both good as well as bad habits. 
The learning proces, is all about repeating things a lot of times, and sooner or later a new path its baked into our mind, and the old one is more or less erased. The memory department in the brain, doesnt seem to evaluate on the value of the content of the information, but primarily on the amount of repetitions. The memory then use the rutines and habits which works fine and efficient, and most important…..beyond our consiousness, and without the effort of having to think about them to act. So my point is that the theory claiming : Whatever we train and learn in the daytime, will also work when we are at sleep, where consiousness are turned off.

Per ???
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-25-2024, 08:39 AM)SeePak Wrote: John, Yes you are on the right track, in my opinion .

Now, please save your $10K and check out Patrick McKeown !!
For Free!

You can share some of your savings with me !!

Thanks for sharing about Patrick. Got his app and going to give this stuff a try.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes Per...

The way we breathe during the day will be reflective of how we breathe at night.

Pretty sure the science shows that?

#1 is keep the mouth closed ALL DAy.

I know we have trouble with this during the night and sleep, but when we CAN do this ALL day, huge benefits.

I can list a few....

For me, Less Anxiety and Stress
             Mouth is never dry
             Nasal breathing has more back pressure to exhaust which is a good thing!  Gotta read about that on line!
              Nitric Oxide helps keep airways compliant, stimulates vegus nerve keeping you in a rest/digest state, and it goes on and on.

These are the things that I guarantee you Dylan Petkus knows about!

Cause everybody else knows on the internet, check it out!
Post Reply Post Reply
davileet, enjoy

For me, the reason i am so focused on the breathing side is that there is a known correlation with sleep apnea

which we all share !

I would like to see the attention to breathwork as part of the Sleep Hygiene that is endorsed on this site.
That would be real cool!
Post Reply Post Reply
Seepak… I heard about Nitrit Oxide, and have listened to Dr. Nathan Bryan who explains what Nitrite Oxide means for our overall health. Lack of it, seems to be root cause of every systemic disorder, and one of Nathans collegues got the Noble Price for figuring that out, so I belive he is an expert in that field. Im currently working on everything he recommends, known to increase the level of that molecule in my body. Understanding the role of NO, also explains why so many drugs for most systemic diseases, are more or less inefficient in curing health issues, for a longer period of time. I can really recommend everyone here, to take a look and listen to Nathan on the tube.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.