Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DreamStation Go Recall [consolidated replacement & compensation info & questions]
RE: DreamStation Go Recall [consolidated replacement & compensation info & questions]
(09-02-2023, 05:52 PM)Gideon Wrote: "OPTION 1 - Financial payment for return of affected units: You can select the financial payment option below to receive $500, based on manufacturing date of your affected device. "

I think that means a prorated value, not an automatic $500.

Anyone received cash value on a DS go yet? How much did you get and what was the manufactured date or when did you get it?

I think they actually quote the payment amount you will receive. I had the same message, and did receive $500. My manufacturing date was 01-08-19. Someone else on the board was quoted $900 in the email, and received that amount. 

BTW, I used the funds and bought a Transcend Micro (the company had an amazing deal one weekend). I was worried about performance and noise (it's for travel), but used it for 2 nights and am very happy.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DreamStation Go Recall [consolidated replacement & compensation info & questions]
Here is a member that reported a $500 reimbursement https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread...#pid484234
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm happy to be wrong!
Still not a fan for PR.
Post Reply Post Reply
Even though I received the $500, which I know is okay, I am so P*ssed that we all had to wait years to get resolution. Yes, it was a mammoth undertaking to replace millions of machines, but we were still hung out to dry while we waited. 

I had to wait for the reimbursement to buy a replacement machine. Luckily I am still using my old "beyond motor life" machine as my everyday machine and will use the replacement for travel, but for the past few years, I had to lug my very heavy machine when I traveled. Just sad.

Thanks for letting me vent.
Post Reply Post Reply
Today, I selected receiving a replacement DS Go as my option. The portal provided the following information. I apologize for the length of this, but if anyone else is considering the replacement Go, I thought it might be helpful to see the response if you choose that option. 

Quote:Request Received: You will receive a replacement device
You have elected to receive a replacement device. Our system takes 48-72 hours to reflect this change after which you will see further instructions and order status updates on the Patient Portal. You will also receive further updates on your order by email.

Action needed: Prescription Setting Needed for Remediation
Please note that Philips Respironics will be remediating your device and needs assistance in acquiring your prescription therapy settings. In most cases, Philips Respironics can work directly with a durable medical equipment (DME) provider to get device settings. In cases where we are unable to secure this information from DME provider, we will collaborate directly with patients.

Option 1: Get your prescription to us

Please reach out to us at 888-511-2797 for assistance.

You will need to have the following information available when you call:
  • Physician Name *This is the physician who would have your sleep therapy device settings.
  • Physician Phone Number
  • Recalled device serial # or your registration confirmation #

IMPORTANT TO NOTE:

Prescriptions received without the required information cannot be processed. It will take a few weeks, upon initial physician contact for us to process your order. Once your order is processed, the Patient Portal status will update, therefore you will still see a status of “prescription needed” even if you have already submitted.

Option 2: Alternative replacement device setting

You are eligible to receive an Auto-adjusting CPAP device set to factory settings as a replacement for your affected device.

You also have the option to receive a replacement device with automatic adjusted settings more commonly known as Auto- adjusting CPAP. By choosing this option, we can ship you a replacement device without your prescription settings, which may help us process your order more efficiently.

Auto-adjusting CPAPs will come with default settings that can automatically adjust throughout the night based on your needs. However, the device can also be programmed to prescribed settings by a physician or DME. Selecting Auto-adjusting CPAP provides patients and their prescribing physicians with the option to use the device’s default settings as a bridge therapy, which in turn allows us to fulfill the order faster without compromising the patient’s long-term therapy options.

Once you receive your Auto-adjusting CPAP, we recommend you connect with your doctor to see if these settings are optimal for your therapy. If not, your doctor can set your device to your prescribed settings.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's now been more than 48 hours since I requested a replacement DS Go instead of the $500. Above is the information that was presented then.

Today I checked the portal and once logged in, was presented with:

Quote:Action needed: Prescription Setting Needed for Remediation
Please note that Philips Respironics will be remediating your device and needs assistance in acquiring your prescription therapy settings. In most cases, Philips Respironics can work directly with a durable medical equipment (DME) provider to get device settings. In cases where we are unable to secure this information from DME provider, we will collaborate directly with patients.
Option 1: Get your prescription to us

Please reach out to us at 888-511-2797 for assistance.

You will need to have the following information available when you call:

·    Physician Name *This is the physician who would have your sleep therapy device settings.
·    Physician Phone Number
·    Recalled device serial # or your registration confirmation #

IMPORTANT TO NOTE:

Prescriptions received without the required information cannot be processed. It will take a few weeks, upon initial physician contact for us to process your order. Once your order is processed, the Patient Portal status will update, therefore you will still see a status of “prescription needed” even if you have already submitted.
Option 2: Alternative replacement device setting

You are eligible to receive an Auto-adjusting CPAP device set to factory settings as a replacement for your affected device.

You also have the option to receive a replacement device with automatic adjusted settings more commonly known as Auto- adjusting CPAP. By choosing this option, we can ship you a replacement device without your prescription settings, which may help us process your order more efficiently.

Auto-adjusting CPAPs will come with default settings that can automatically adjust throughout the night based on your needs. However, the device can also be programmed to prescribed settings by a physician or DME. Selecting Auto-adjusting CPAP provides patients and their prescribing physicians with the option to use the device’s default settings as a bridge therapy, which in turn allows us to fulfill the order faster without compromising the patient’s long-term therapy options.

Once you receive your Auto-adjusting CPAP, we recommend you connect with your doctor to see if these settings are optimal for your therapy. If not, your doctor can set your device to your prescribed settings.

Learn more about Auto-adjusting CPAP                                                              Update Contact Information

If you would like to cancel your order and opt-out of the remediation process or if you need to change or update contact information (such as your address, phone number or email), please call us at 877-907-7508.

Once I pressed the "Learn more about Auto-adjusting CPAP" button, I was taken to the following screen where I could choose an Auto-adjusting CPAP.

Quote:You can choose to receive an Auto- adjusting CPAP device programmed with default settings as a replacement for your current device
CPAP and. Auto- adjusting CPAP
There are several PAP therapy options to treat sleep apnea. Some patients can tolerate a steady, gentle flow of air during sleep, while others require variations in pressure. Healthcare providers typically prescribe either a fixed pressure (conventional CPAP) or Auto- adjusting CPAP (Auto CPAP).

What are the differences between CPAP and Auto-adjusting CPAP?
Your current CPAP device may be set to deliver one level of pressure throughout the night. However, pressure from a CPAP device can either be fixed by setting it manually (conventional CPAP device) or setting it to automatically adjust based on the characteristics of your airway during sleep (auto- titrating CPAP, or Auto-adjusting CPAP). If you complete this consent, your replacement device will be set with a default range of automatically adjusting pressures (as opposed to a fixed, constant pressure).

If you decide to elect to receive an Auto- adjusting CPAP option (rather than a fixed- pressure only conventional CPAP device), we can ship you a replacement device without you having to first provide to us your prescription’s pressure settings. This can help us process your order more efficiently and allow your prescribing healthcare provider the option of using the Auto PAP’s default auto-adjusting settings as therapy for your sleep apnea syndrome. Before you use the Auto PAP device you receive from us, please do not set it to different pressure settings than your current therapy without first talking to your healthcare provider.
CPAP
Continuous positive airway pressure

CPAP provides one level of pressure to your upper airway throughout the night.
Auto-adjusting CPAP
Automatically-adjusting airway pressure

Auto-adjusting provides a variable pressure throughout the night based on your needs and sleep stage.

Not currently candidates for Auto CPAP treatment: Patients with
congestive heart failure, significant lung disease such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, hypoventilation syndromes, or central sleep apnea are not currently candidates for Auto CPAP titration or treatment.

* Standards of Practice Committee of the AASM; Timothy I. Morgenthaler, MD1, R. Nisha Aurora, MD2, et al. Practice Parameters for the Use of Auto titrating Continuous Positive Airway Pressure Devices for Titrating Pressures and Treating Adult Patients with Obstructive Sleep Apnea Syndrome: An Update for 2007. American Academy of Sleep Medicine Report.
To receive an Auto CPAP as a replacement device, please read and agree to the terms and conditions below.
Terms and conditions
·    I am age 18 or older, and I am requesting this device for myself.
·    I agree to having my current Philips Respironics CPAP device replaced with a Philips Respironics Auto CPAP device.
·    I understand that I must follow up with my doctor to determine what the right settings are for my Auto CPAP.
·    I understand there may be medical reasons why Auto CPAP therapy isn’t right for my OSA. For example, if I have the following conditions, I am not currently a candidate for Auto CPAP treatment:
ocongestive heart failure
osignificant lung disease such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
ohypoventilation syndromes
ocentral sleep apnea *
·    I understand that Philips Respironics is not a medical provider and cannot provide medical advice.
·    I understand that obtaining my replacement device this way through Philips Respironics is voluntary. I am free to stop at any time, without giving a reason and without cost
·    I have read this information carefully and understand I can ask questions by calling 1-877-907-7508

I understand and agree to the above terms and conditions.
Cancel
[img=34x34]file:///C:/Users/charl/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image003.gif[/img]
Order Auto CPAP

So I then proceeded to order an Auto-CPAP machine.

What is interesting is that neither of these screens said anything about a DS Go...
Post Reply Post Reply
Interesting. Logic dictates that they will provide you with a replacement Go. 

I think that we were last in line for remediation because they assume that we all use the Go as a travel device (optional), and that they sought to replace the "primary" machines first. If they were going to replace your Go with a standard machine, they could've shipped it out months ago. I think it's a safe bet that you will be receiving a reconditioned and safe Go. 

(fingers crossed)
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is the latest update on the portal after I requested a DS Go replacement that was an Auto CPAP:

Quote:You have elected to receive an Auto-adjusting CPAP as a replacement device
At this time, you also have the option to update your record with additional prioritization information. To make sure higher risk patients receive a replacement device as timely as possible, we will be prioritizing remediation efforts around certain patients as requested by the Food & Drug Administration.

In addition to this prioritization, the shipment of replacement devices happens as inventory is available.

If you have already submitted responses to the prioritization questions, or have chosen not to respond, there is no further action required at this time.

What happens next?
Your order will be processed, and that status will be reflected in the Patient Portal along with an estimated shipping date and if you registered your device with an email address, you will receive an email notification.

If you are not currently receiving email updates, please call 1-877-907-7508 to update your information.
If you need to find a new doctor to manage your therapy after you receive your replacement device, you can check with your insurance or Medicare plans, or use one of these online resources (unaffiliated with Philips Respironics).
Post Reply Post Reply
It's been almost 2 1/2 months since I returned my Dreamstation Go to Philips and still have not received my $500 check. Is anybody else still waiting, or have you all received checks?
Post Reply Post Reply
I found this page on their website, which seems like confirmation that those of us who chose a replacement might be getting a Go (rather than a DS2). I can't seem to post links, but search for "philips i received a dreamstation go" and it should be the first result.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,993 404,177 09-03-2024, 06:28 PM
Last Post: btreger
  DreamStation cellular modem (info on troubleshooting 1-0 error code) soyjer 2 214 09-01-2024, 01:46 PM
Last Post: soyjer
  HDM Z1 Battery Replacement Ephraim 12 4,308 08-19-2024, 07:41 AM
Last Post: mufitcakir
  ResMed F40 mask questions? WCR1950 11 653 08-07-2024, 09:18 PM
Last Post: LuminousOne
  Few Questions APAPNewbie 7 364 08-03-2024, 10:57 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Inspire device recall Narcil 7 466 07-31-2024, 09:46 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  Compensation or recall AfibApnea 3 299 07-21-2024, 12:49 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.