Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dry Nose
Dry Nose
Has anyone had any luck using saline nasal gel to alleviate dryness of the nasal mucosa? I have my humidity set as I as I can before I get rain out.
Paula

"If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started I was desperately wishing to be where I am now."
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dry Nose
Try Lansinoh lanolin nipple cream. You can find it in the baby aisle of the drug store. It's marketed as a salve for nursing mothers, but it works wonders on noses that are dry and sore from CPAP therapy.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh, great idea. I already have 100% lanolin on hand. Thanks.
Paula

"If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started I was desperately wishing to be where I am now."
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay, so I mixed 100% lanolin with coconut oil and applied it and it has provided a ton of relief. My nose still feels dry inside, but not so dry that it hurts.
Paula

Post Reply Post Reply
MAYBE your set your humidity level to high. To much is like not enough it happened to me with the same result, dry nose.

Recommended humidity level for sleeping is 40 % to 60%. Around $15.00 on Amazon for an hygrometer.

Over 60%, ajust your machine at 4 or lower. Test & see if it`s what you need.

It worked for me, I hope this will help you.

sb.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Staph Infection in Nose: Phaleronic 6 955 10-12-2024, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Please recommend a facial mask that doesn't touch the bridge of the nose. Asjb 6 312 10-08-2024, 08:17 AM
Last Post: carrawa
  bridge of nose was destroyed last night eok361 5 273 10-05-2024, 11:08 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  anyone had turbinate reduction surgery and not experience Empty Nose Syndrome? sleepingbetterinFl 4 336 09-08-2024, 11:45 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Nose congestion and UARS Jstalez 14 930 09-08-2024, 07:07 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  [Equipment] Evora Nose Mask - Help Agostino 1 234 09-07-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Rhinitis (runny nose) OlWobbly 1 251 08-12-2024, 05:45 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.