Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Advice on ASV machine
RE: Advice on ASV machine
I agree! If I had to choose between the 10 and 11, I would always go for the 10. The 11 uses a smaller motor used in the Resmed Mini. It has some drawbacks compared to the 10 unless you really need the smaller machine. Resmed has not transitioned any of its bilevel machines into the 11 series yet, and I have to wonder if it is lacking the guts to produce the same therapy.

I previously suggested you try a new Airsense 10 at $474. What price range are you shopping?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Aircurve ASV that I mentioned in my first post is $250, and includes a new unopened mask, and hose. I have found some other devices with low hours between $250 and $350, but those either don't come with hose/mask, or they are used and we would replace them.

$474 isn't bad, and while all of this is a bit of a reach for us, it is far more workable than $1200.

I'ts good to know that the 10 is preferred. Size is not important to us, but we don't want something that may not be as reliable.
Post Reply Post Reply
Another plus for the A10 is we now know how to get and replace the motor if they go bad. As long as you’re somewhat handy you can keep the A10 running well beyond their normal life span.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-29-2023, 06:36 PM)Nightynite Wrote: Another plus for the A10 is we now know how to get and replace the motor if they go bad. As long as you’re somewhat handy you can keep the A10 running well beyond their normal life span.

As a bike mechanic I think I'm up to the task.

Hmm. only $100 for a new motor.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-29-2023, 06:43 PM)jtrops Wrote: As a bike mechanic I think I'm up to the task.

Hmm. only $100 for a new motor.

Yep, new motor, a YouTube video and a a Torx screwdriver and your good to go.
Post Reply Post Reply
Go with a ResMed A10, they'll be cheaper, more available as used if you choose that, fairly easy motor replacement, established good, reliable track record...
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Unless I'm missing something the Aircurve 10 and Airsense 10 both use the same motor.  I assume it will be about the same amount of work to replace either.  I could be wrong about that though.

The aircurve I was looking at is $250 which seems like a pretty good deal if it would work.
Post Reply Post Reply
BTW I'm seeing a used AS 10 AutoSet in Colorado for $249, shows 30 run hours, looks like PAP, 2 piece power cord, humidifier tub, case

Colorado Springs area, not sure how close that'll be
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Something I read here said the ASV has a larger motor that the regular a10 series? Not certain on that.
Post Reply Post Reply
All the A10s are the same hardware. The difference is the firmware.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CA events - Advice lukewpc 5 245 09-30-2024, 04:27 PM
Last Post: lukewpc
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 301 279,102 09-25-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: Halian
  oscar advice deepsouthmike 4 214 09-14-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: deepsouthmike
  Need Advice -- Having A Lot of Issues npolite 3 270 09-13-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: npolite
  Looking for advice for my settings Vyce 3 271 09-01-2024, 08:01 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  First Time Poster, need advice for new machine! kbjames 7 490 08-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Seriously Need Mask Advice: Please Help LuminousOne 7 407 08-13-2024, 10:52 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.